My C all in adjusted vs Expected value (EV diff )

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

My C all in adjusted vs Expected value (EV diff )

Postby SuperPanda » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:37 pm

Hello guys,
i don't understand why in my old HUD drivehud expected value is 2.25$
evdiff.PNG
evdiff.PNG (8.97 KiB) Viewed 1181 times

And in poker tracker
callin.PNG

Please let me understand why it's not the same number, and also if this not the same thing, how can i have expected value of a hand on this screen.

Thanks
SuperPanda

Re: My C all in adjusted vs Expected value (EV diff )

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:18 am

PokerTracker 4 is displaying the adjusted/expected result and DriveHUD is displaying the difference between the two but you are looking at currency converted results in PokerTracker 4 (€EUR) so if you want to compare things directly I suggest using game currency stats since the hand was played in dollars and that is what DriveHUD is displaying as well.
Flag_Hippo

Postby SuperPanda » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:41 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:PokerTracker 4 is displaying the adjusted/expected result and DriveHUD is displaying the difference between the two but you are looking at currency converted results in PokerTracker 4 (€EUR) so if you want to compare things directly I suggest using game currency stats since the hand was played in dollars and that is what DriveHUD is displaying as well.

Hey man i tried and can't have the same amount.. may be i'm not understanding it? could you help ?
SuperPanda

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:19 pm

Can you please attach a screenshot showing the relevant $USD amounts in PokerTracker 4 or a copy of the full hand history.
Flag_Hippo

Postby SuperPanda » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:05 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:Can you please attach a screenshot showing the relevant $USD amounts in PokerTracker 4 or a copy of the full hand history.

here.PNG

here it is mate
SuperPanda

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:29 pm

I was hoping for a copy of the hand that I can import into PokerTracker 4. Please include that here, via private message or in a Support Ticket with a link to this thread.
Flag_Hippo

Postby SuperPanda » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:50 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:I was hoping for a copy of the hand that I can import into PokerTracker 4. Please include that here, via private message or in a Support Ticket with a link to this thread.

I also don't underrstand the amount lost in the co but the bb/100 being up??

Costat.PNG
Costat.PNG (7.05 KiB) Viewed 1106 times

I send you the hand report in PM
SuperPanda

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri May 01, 2020 2:53 am

In the game currency ($USD) the pot after rake was $3.86. Your all-in equity was 41.82% so the result based on equity is:

$1.61 ($3.86 x 41.82%).

Your investment was $2.00:

$1.61 - $2.00 = -$0.39

So this is your expected result in the long term. In PokerTracker 4 this is the 'Net Adjusted' result and can be displayed in the currency the hand was played in (as calculated here) or 'My Currency' as per your screenshot (€EUR) which is based on the exchange rate for that session.

The statistic in DriveHUD is displaying the difference between the actual result and the expected result:

-$0.39 <$2.25> $1.86

Guide: All-In Equity
Flag_Hippo

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri May 01, 2020 2:55 am

SuperPanda wrote:I also don't underrstand the amount lost in the co but the bb/100 being up??

That is possible when you have played multiple stakes and/or currencies. If you look at your results by stake for the CO position you will see how that is broken down.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4