Clustering takes too long

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Clustering takes too long

Postby dajackal » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:50 am

Hello,

I have poker tracker 4, last update, and around 500k hands in a single data base. A few days ago I deleted all hands from 2011 to 2015, which are roughly 300k. Afterwards HUD started not to load on some tables. I reconfigured pokerstars, it started to work for a while but afterwards again hud was not showing up on some tables or not updating on the rest.

I order to fix this, I did a vacuum and afterwards I tried a clustering. Clustering still works after 44h, is this normal? I see that folders from c:\program files\postgresql\9.3\data\base are updating but I still find 44h too much. I have a few questions:
1. What should I do next?
2. I see 2 folders updating in \base one called 12029 and another one called 16393. Is it normal to have 2 folders updating?
dajackal

Re: Clustering takes too long

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:45 pm

Purging 60% of your database is not very efficient as it is a very involved process and the database also requires further maintenance once the hands are purged. In these cases it is usually quicker to import the hands you want into a new database instead. With regards to the cluster that physically reorders the information on the disk based on the indices of the tables to improve performance but it should not be taking 44+ hours on a database of that size. The cluster is extremely disk intensive, and requires 3x the free space of the database tables so not having that could slow things down and I've seen security software also interfere with PostgreSQL causing things to be slower than they otherwise would be.
Flag_Hippo

Postby dajackal » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:06 am

what do yo recommend next?
is it normal to have 2 folders?
If a create a new database will tournament history remain the same? I refer to the graph with number of tournaments, actual winnings, expected EV etc.
dajackal

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:11 am

The "12029" folder is a default administrative database folder and it's normal. For your tournaments if the results were detected from the original hand history files/tournament summaries then you can reimport those and have the same results. By default PokerTracker 4 moves your processed hand histories to your \PokerTracker 4\Processed folder which you can access via the "File -> Open User Data Folder" option.

Guide: Processed Files

If you play on a poker site(s) that does not record results information and you have manually edited them then you can export those tournaments from the original database where you entered the results and this will create summary files too, which contain your manual results and they can be imported into a new database.
Flag_Hippo

Postby dajackal » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:54 pm

Ok, I solved the data base problem: now it has 7GB, down from 16GB.

However I have this problem: HUD does not load on some tables. Please see in attachment a screenshot where HUD is loaded for several tables but does not get loaded on 1. Why is this happening?
Attachments
Capture.PNG
dajackal

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:54 pm

Please open a Support Ticket and report your problem so that we can check your log file and see what is going on.
Flag_Hippo

Postby dajackal » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:00 pm

How long does it take to answer to support cases? I opened it on 1/17 and I still don't have any updates on it.

thanks,
Florin
dajackal

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:36 pm

Your ticket is in the right place and is awaiting a technician to get to you in our queue. We do have a higher than normal ticket volume at this particular time so apologies for the delay.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4