FTP tournament placing for opponents displayed as 0

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

FTP tournament placing for opponents displayed as 0

Postby fingaz » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:16 pm

IDK if this is covered somewhere already, but I haven't been able to find it if it is. The results for all players finishing above me is listed as 0. One of the things I liked about PT2 was the ability to see results of my opponents. I also liked the "Summary" tab where I could see who won and lost the most, total rake paid, etc. Is there a way to recreate this in PT3? I can't seem to find this information anywhere. I have V3 Beta 23. Thanks!
fingaz

Re: FTP tournament placing for opponents displayed as 0

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:17 am

The tournament results are imported from the summary files that FTP writes, but these are only updated while the lobby window remains open, so if you close the tournament lobby as soon as you bust out then the remaining places won't be written. If you leave it open until the tournament finishes you should get full info.

I would recommend updating to Beta 24 now too..
WhiteRider

Postby fingaz » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:55 am

Unfortunately I play several at a time, and I use a table manager to automatically close the lobbies. Are u planning on implementing this in the near future or any future, for that matter? lol
fingaz

Postby kraada » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:17 am

If you mean implementing the ability to import stats on players that aren't written to files, we can't do that -- if you close the lobby FTP writes the summary and PT3 imports it as soon as it's written. If you close it before the tournament finishes, we can't get information after that point.

If you meant implementing the auto-close lobby function within PT3 I don't believe functions interacting with the poker clients are on our to-do list anytime soon.
kraada

Postby fingaz » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:29 pm

But the stats are written in the tournament summary, which comes out as a TXT file. I guess I'm just confused as to why the summaries can't be imported.

I guess I should've mentioned earlier that I'm getting these summaries just fine, but PT3 is not importing them for me for some reason. And it's not allowing me to manually import them either.
fingaz

Postby kraada » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:28 am

If you finish a tournament and close the tournament before it's over for all players who finished better than you it says:

Still Playing - Player1
Still Playing - Player 2
Still Playing - Player 3
... etc.

How do you propose PT3 should handle this information? Importing them all as the position above you might be misleading. Imagine you busted 5th in a SnG, putting everybody else in as 4th place seems worse than giving them all 0s for no finish location known.
kraada

Postby fingaz » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:19 am

Doh, u are right! I never actually opened up a summary, I guess. What u are doing now is all that u can do. Do u know if Full Tilt has any plans of changing their summaries any time soon to contain all pertinent information?
fingaz

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:30 pm

The summary WILL contain all the information, but only if you leave the tournament lobby open until the tournament has finished. Full Tilt can't predict the finish information either..
WhiteRider

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]