Poker Tracker 4 Won't Respond

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Poker Tracker 4 Won't Respond

Postby Jpullman41 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:34 am

I just downloaded Poker Tracker 4 for Mac and it won't open. I tried to open a support ticket with the issue attached and it says I don't have permission to create a ticket.
Jpullman41

Re: Poker Tracker 4 Won't Respond

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:33 am

That is probably the Privacy settings blocking it. There shouldn't be any change to the permissions here, but please try removing PT4 from all of the Privacy & Security permissions it has. Make sure to remove the permission by selecting PT4 and clicking the minus button (do not just disable it).
In the latest macOS version there are 5 sections within Privacy & Security where you should see it: (not all of these apply to previous OS versions)

Accessibility
Files & Folders
Screen Recording
Automation (as far as I can tell it isn't possible to remove the permission here, so don't worry about that if you can't)
App Management (this is only required if you play at PokerStars and have the Zoom Hud enabled, so you may not see it)

Run PT4 again. It should now ask you to allow the permissions.
Click OK to allow access to the Documents and Download folders.
For the ones that offer to open system settings click that and enable the permission. When you enable the first permission it will show you two messages - one is PT4 asking for the next permission and the other is the privacy settings asking to quit & reopen PT4. Click Quit & Reopen first, and then enable the other permission(s).
WhiteRider

Return to PokerTracker 4