BB fold vs SB steal by VPIP

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

BB fold vs SB steal by VPIP

Postby TrollKentWolf » Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:37 am

Hello, I want to see the % of BB folds to steal from the SB, but depending on VPIP of player pool in the BB (eg VPIP=50-59 or just 50). Can it be done?
P.S I did this for the player list by selecting "More Reports - All Player Reports",then "Available Stats - Folds - BB vs SB open- fold".
Now I need to limit the players in the dropdown list by VPIP(range).
Btw how to see the total number of players in the database?Why are there only 6228 players in the PT4 database (in this report) and in the same database in HM2 14883 players total?
TrollKentWolf

Re: BB fold vs SB steal by VPIP

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:00 am

You can do that with an expression filter.

Click the "Filters" link (next to Sorting and Advanced) in the sidebad and choose 'expression filters'.
Use an expression like this:

player.id_player in (SELECT p.id_player from player p, cash_cache cc where p.id_player = cc.id_player group by p.id_player HAVING (( CASE WHEN (sum(cc.cnt_hands) - sum(cc.cnt_walks)) <> 0 THEN ((sum(cc.cnt_vpip)*1.0) / (sum(cc.cnt_hands) - sum(cc.cnt_walks))) * 100 ELSE 0 END BETWEEN 50 and 59)))

If you are playing tournaments replace "cash_" with "tourney_".

"BETWEEN 50 and 59" at the end is what defines the range.

---
There is a Player Summary report in the Results section which lists all players. Bear in mind that this is split by cash and tournament, and affected by any filters that you have enabled.
WhiteRider

Postby TrollKentWolf » Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:39 am

As for the number of players in the database, I did not take into account that the buy-in filter is separate (below). In addition, I re-imported the database and it added several thousand more players. Now the numbers are almost the same with HM2.
I only play tournaments, I did as in your post and the endless "Loading ..." went on.
The same infinite "Loading..." was when I had a large database (26GB), after that I created a new one, now it weighs ~1 GB. Without your express filter,as soon as i choose report,which i named "BB fold vs SB steal","Loading.. ." goes 3 seconds and "Populating" another 12 seconds.So why is this happening with the express filter?
TrollKentWolf

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:09 pm

A filter like that has to check the data for every player in your database, so if you have a lot of players that is going to take some time.
It may not be practical to filter like that in a large database where there are a lot of players to check.
WhiteRider

Postby TrollKentWolf » Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:24 am

So i created a new database(from yesterday session),it`s 12MB and includes only 88 players.Your expression filter does work and load in ~5 sec on that DB.I figured out,that the base of ~14000 players should load in ~ 13 minutes,but I waited EXACTLY 3 hours and nothing changed.PT4 optimization is clearly not its best side,i realized this back when I compared the database sizes.Same database was in HM2=~7GB,H2N=~2GB,PT4=~26GB!!!
Btw i have a weak laptop,but with SSD.
I found about 10 topics on this issue on this forum and everywhere some complex express filters were offered, often with errors, which in practice did not help in any way due to the endless loading.
How is it comes,that the moderators can’t help in any way and the poor guy from this https://www.pokertracker.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=50579&start=20#p252880 topic (who, by the way, didn’t completely solve his problem) suggested a simple, effective option that worked on a base of 14,000 players in 10 seconds. This is beyond my understanding.
So, to sum it up, I have given the following filter in Expression Filters: #VPIP#>=50 and #VPIP#<=59
and got the result like i said in 10 seconds.
TrollKentWolf

Postby TrollKentWolf » Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:56 am

interesting point, at the beginning I added two filters from More Filters:
1) Hand Details ---> Player Position ---> Player Preflop Position ---> select Position = First Raiser and in Position Selected Exact = 9
This filter means that we are facing a steal from the small blind.
2) Actions and Opportunities--->Actions and Opportunities-Preflop--->Preflop Opportunities--->Encountering a Steal Attempt select "in Big Blind(BB)" .
This means that we are in the BB and are facing a steal(from CO-SB obv).
And then I noticed that the VPIP of the players changed! That is, for some player with a total VPIP between 50 and 59, after adding either or both filters from above,VPIP could go beyond these numbers and he disappeared from the list.For example:
if choose 1) filter VPIP=55.47
if 2) 39.26
if both 1) and 2) 40.59
if you remove both filters 47.71
The last digit is of course correct (coincides with the VPIP from HM2) and therefore I chose the fourth option without adding anything from More Filters,but by adding from Available Stats:BB vs SB open-Fold
Thats it,mb it helps someone with similar problem.
TrollKentWolf

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:16 am

These expression filters were added to allow users to utilise additional filtering methods beyond what is available in the More Filters window, but it is not possible to anticipate and optimise every type of query that is possible here. Some queries just generate a lot of work, and will always take a long time.

TrollKentWolf wrote:interesting point, at the beginning I added two filters from More Filters:
1) Hand Details ---> Player Position ---> Player Preflop Position ---> select Position = First Raiser and in Position Selected Exact = 9
This filter means that we are facing a steal from the small blind.
2) Actions and Opportunities--->Actions and Opportunities-Preflop--->Preflop Opportunities--->Encountering a Steal Attempt select "in Big Blind(BB)" .
This means that we are in the BB and are facing a steal(from CO-SB obv).
And then I noticed that the VPIP of the players changed! That is, for some player with a total VPIP between 50 and 59, after adding either or both filters from above,VPIP could go beyond these numbers and he disappeared from the list.For example:
if choose 1) filter VPIP=55.47
if 2) 39.26
if both 1) and 2) 40.59
if you remove both filters 47.71
The last digit is of course correct (coincides with the VPIP from HM2) and therefore I chose the fourth option without adding anything from More Filters,but by adding from Available Stats:BB vs SB open-Fold
Thats it,mb it helps someone with similar problem.

If you filter for different sets of hands then the players' VPIP (and other stats) within those hands will be different to their overall VPIP, so that is expected. If I'm missing your point, please explain further?
WhiteRider

Postby TrollKentWolf » Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:23 am

WhiteRider wrote:These expression filters were added to allow users to utilise additional filtering methods beyond what is available in the More Filters window, but it is not possible to anticipate and optimise every type of query that is possible here. Some queries just generate a lot of work, and will always take a long time.

i repeat,i used 7-8 different codes for Expression Filters suggested from different moders and no one of them works,while simple #VPIP#=> works perfectly,at least in my case.I mean i`m not the only one who gets infinite load,almost in every of that 10 topics begin from 2009 year was such a problem.And what means long time?If it`s a 72 hours,so whats a point of that code?Imagine that i`m now make separation from VPIP 20 to 100 with step=5,i need to run filter 16 times,which means 72*16=48 DAYS!(without sleeping lol).While now i did all that work in 5 minutes.I mean either it`s a code problem or the program itself,but anyway running some filter hourly or even by minutes is a bs,no offence.Ty for trying to help,i appreciate that.
If you filter for different sets of hands then the players' VPIP (and other stats) within those hands will be different to their overall VPIP, so that is expected. If I'm missing your point, please explain further?

I use the HM2 hud.Depending on the position/line of the game stats also change there,including VPIP.But they change not in the HUD,but in the Reports,for example in Overall(as far as i know the only way to change stats in a HM2 HUD is using hud/tournament filters from HUD settings).Because at the micros where I play,for the vast majority of players there are simply not enough samples and the more filters we put,the obviously fewer samples. At least when trying to filter stats depending on the number of players at the table and even more so depending on the stack size, the idea failed due to lack of samples.
In general, I look at the VPIP in the hud and if I applied those 2 filters from More Filters, it would turn out to be a mess - some players belonging to this VPIP spectrum would fall out of the list and vice versa, those whose total VPIP was different could get into this list.I don’t clearly understand myself, but it seems like something like this, intuition says that i need to use "clean" VPIP.
TrollKentWolf

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles