Inaccurate profit and loss record

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Inaccurate profit and loss record

Postby GetRyt » Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:41 pm

Afternoon players! New to the forums here and was having trouble finding the info I'm looking for. Last year some time, I won a $2650 satellite seat into the Venom on America's Cardroom through a $95 satellite. I only last about four hours in the Venom and ended up busting long before the money obviously. The Poker Tracker program has recorded my $2650 Venom bust as a loss of $5400. The kicker is that technically I only lost $95, but now my graph is inaccurate and highly depressing, lol. Is there a way to edit the tracker so that it tracks the actual money amounts gained or lost? It doesn't record the Venom seat win as a gain of $2650, but then records the bust as a loss of $5400.
GetRyt

Re: Inaccurate profit and loss record

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:20 am

Any tournaments with incorrect data can be updated manually:

Guide: Updating Tournament Information Manually

If your net win in the satellite is in the form of a ticket (or money towards a buy-in) then any profit recorded there would get offset by the entry into the target tournament.
Flag_Hippo

Postby GetRyt » Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:36 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:Any tournaments with incorrect data can be updated manually:

If your net win in the satellite is in the form of a ticket (or money towards a buy-in) then any profit recorded there would get offset by the entry into the target tournament.

Can you please elaborate on that last part? And thanks for the info!
GetRyt

Postby GetRyt » Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:38 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:Any tournaments with incorrect data can be updated manually:

And would the tournament ticket itself ($2650) actually be counted as a profit, since it has no value outside of the target tournament?
GetRyt

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:02 pm

When buying into a tournament PokerTracker 4 doesn't differentiate between real money or tournament tickets. If you record $2,650 as the winnings in the satellite then that would offset the buyin to the $2,650 tournament meaning you would have a net profit over the two tournaments of -$95.
Flag_Hippo

Postby GetRyt » Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:27 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:When buying into a tournament PokerTracker 4 doesn't differentiate between real money or tournament tickets. If you record $2,650 as the winnings in the satellite then that would offset the buyin to the $2,650 tournament meaning you would have a net profit over the two tournaments of -$95.

Thank you! Will go home tonight and see about manually adjusting the amounts.
GetRyt

Return to PokerTracker 4