PT4 in 2 pc

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

PT4 in 2 pc

Postby Schevarash » Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:11 pm

Hi, it's possible to install my PT4 on a second pc? Normally i play poker using PC and a laptop, ATM PT4 is istalled on PC but i would have it also in the laptop?
It's possibile or the unique possibility is to buy a second license?
Thx all.
Schevarash

Re: PT4 in 2 pc

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:00 pm

Yes, that's fine. Your license is valid for use on two computers at the same time.
WhiteRider

Postby Schevarash » Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:34 pm

WhiteRider wrote:Yes, that's fine. Your license is valid for use on two computers at the same time.

Oh nice, very thx.
Is there also a way to share the hand database?
Schevarash

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:01 pm

If you want to use a single shared database on your local network check out this guide.

Otherwise, you can sync your databases between two computers as described here.
To copy your database to the second computer in the first place, make a Backup and restore it on your other computer.
WhiteRider

Postby Schevarash » Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:17 am

WhiteRider wrote:If you want to use a single shared database on your local network check out this guide.

Otherwise, you can sync your databases between two computers as described here.
To copy your database to the second computer in the first place, make a Backup and restore it on your other computer.

Thx for the links.
When i restore the DB from my first to my second pc, i loose the previous hands saved only on my second pc?
Schevarash

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:27 am

If the database on the old and new computers have the same names then when you restore on the new computer it should ask whether you want to overwrite or create a new database.

Either way, you are likely to want to add the hands from the second computer into your main database anyway, I expect.
What I would suggest is to copy the hand history files from your second computer to the first, and import them to your database there (using Get Hands From Disk), so that when you backup/restore your database they would be included on both computers.
This will put the database in both in the same state, and then if you sync them after that they should stay the same.
The hand histories should be in the "Processed" folder, which you can access via File > Open User Data Folder in the PT4 menu.
WhiteRider

Return to PokerTracker 4