I can't upgrade to version 4.17.3

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

I can't upgrade to version 4.17.3

Postby rombo » Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:13 am

I'm trying to update the tracker, windows pop up, what should I do?
Attachments
Безымянный.jpg
Безымяннв.jpg
rombo

Re: I can't upgrade to version 4.17.3

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:24 pm

Restart your computer and then re-run the installer as the very first thing you do after restarting and that should fix it.
Flag_Hippo

Postby rombo » Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:36 pm

Thanks . Unfortunately it didn't help. It may be possible to completely remove the tereker and rearrange it on a new one.
rombo

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:06 pm

That should work. Those errors usually mean PokerTracker 4 is running when you tried to update it which shouldn't be the case if you restart your computer and then run the installer. Make sure you are installing and running PokerTracker 4 from an administrator account then right-click the installer file and run as administrator. If the problem persists right click the installer>properties>security> and check that your Windows user is listed. If it is highlight your user and check that the "Permissions" for your user on the installer are set to allow. If there are any issues here try deleting the installer file from your computer, reboot and then download it again.
Flag_Hippo

Postby rombo » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:03 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:That should work. Those errors usually mean PokerTracker 4 is running when you tried to update it which shouldn't be the case if you restart your computer and then run the installer. Make sure you are installing and running PokerTracker 4 from an administrator account then right-click the installer file and run as administrator. If the problem persists right click the installer>properties>security> and check that your Windows user is listed. If it is highlight your user and check that the "Permissions" for your user on the installer are set to allow. If there are any issues here try deleting the installer file from your computer, reboot and then download it again.

I started it from the administrator, everything worked. Thanks.
rombo

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:30 am

That's good to hear - thanks for confirming!
WhiteRider

Return to PokerTracker 4