Database disappeared

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Database disappeared

Postby CherryWaves » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:58 am

Hi,

I notice today that the majority of my hands in my Pokertracker 4 have disappeared. I have it filtered for all dates and it is still only showing me the last 1500 tournaments.

I did notice I was starting to have some problems with my HUD displaying the last few days. There would be instances throughout my session where my HUD didn't display so I had to close PT4 and restart it. I also notice that after my session, PT4 told me that it found hand histories somewhere and so I imported them.

What do you think caused this? Recently I deleted my user.ini file from the Pokerstars folder as I was having problems and that's what support told me to do.

Would appreciate any help on recovering my database!

Thanks alot!
CherryWaves

Re: Database disappeared

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:39 pm

So we can investigate that please restart PokerTracker 4 using the logging enabled link on your Windows Start Menu, reproduce this problem and then send your log file to is in a Support Ticket so we can investigate that for you. You can access the 'Logs' folder with the log file by clicking 'File --> Open User Data Folder' in the main PokerTracker 4 window and the file we need is the text file called 'PokerTracker4' or 'PokerTracker4.log' that is in that folder.
Flag_Hippo

Postby CherryWaves » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:15 am

Hi, thank you for the reply!

So I found out the reason PT4 wasn't showing me hands in my databse was because I had only the satellite tournament box ticked. Silly me.

I do still have that issue with my HUD disappearing throughout my session though.

I will reproduce the problem and send it on in a support ticket.

Thanks!
CherryWaves

Postby CherryWaves » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:33 am

I just got a pop up before I started playing from my PT4. I have attached the picture.

I don't exactly know where to look for these hand histories on my computer. Where are they normally stored?

Thanks!
Attachments
pt4s.PNG
CherryWaves

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:32 pm

That is probably why your HUD isn't displaying correctly. That is typically caused by a backlog of hand history files in your poker site folder(s) and/or a configuration issue and/or a database caching issue so please send your log file to us in a Support Ticket so we can see what's going on here.
Flag_Hippo

Postby CherryWaves » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:10 pm

I am trying to post my logs but my PT4 version is 4.15.16. Where can I download the latest version?

Thanks
CherryWaves

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:43 am

WhiteRider

Postby CherryWaves » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:44 pm

Okay, I tried to post logs a few times the last couple days but each time I drag and drop the pokertracker4.log file it says the file is too big. What should I do?

Thanks
CherryWaves

Postby CherryWaves » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:47 pm

I am not sure if it's related to the problem I posted about but now I am experiencing considerable lag while playing. Forcing me to shut down PT4 during my session. Maybe can I send the logs through email or an alternative method?

Thanks.
CherryWaves

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:16 pm

There is a 10MB limit on file size for attachments so if you zip/compress your log file that should make it small enough to send to us. If it's still larger than that than you can upload the log file somewhere (e.g. Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive e.t.c.) and send us the link so we can download it but if you do not have any cloud storage then let us know in your Support Ticket and we can give you further instructions.
Flag_Hippo

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4