Beta Version 12 vs. 3.0 Build 2

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

Beta Version 12 vs. 3.0 Build 2

Postby Zorro » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:31 am

It seems to me that the people using Beta 12 trial version are getting more out of PT3 than the actual suckers that paid for and got duped into buying the commercial release. So how about out of good faith you refund all of us and we'll use "FREE" version until you get it commercially right for purchase. If you don't then this will show what kind of character and business people you really are. If you refund us you redeem yourselves, if not you pay the consequences on the long run.
Zorro

Re: Beta Version 12 vs. 3.0 Build 2

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:13 pm

Everyone has the option to run either Build 2 or Beta 12 (which is an update to be tested before being 'fully' released, if you have problems in Build2) on the trial or registered option.
WhiteRider

Postby Petzi79 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:01 pm

Face it! It was a big mistake to release a more or less alpha version for real! You have p*ssed a lot of people! You know, bugs are one thing, but lack of basic functionality is another.
I think you really should think about pleasing your customers. Better today than tommorow.
Petzi79

Postby d0nkkk » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:26 pm

Petzi79 wrote:Face it! It was a big mistake to release a more or less alpha version for real! You have p*ssed a lot of people! You know, bugs are one thing, but lack of basic functionality is another.
I think you really should think about pleasing your customers. Better today than tommorow.

Was it really a mistake for them? They got to cash-in on the PT3 hype without even finishing a product and now have sold tons of peoples cash whether or not they do another thing. It was all of our mistake in buying the product and trusting Pokertracker's 'reputation'.

essentially,they 'pwned' us
d0nkkk

Postby midas » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:29 pm

Petzi79 wrote:Face it! It was a big mistake to release a more or less alpha version for real!

Face it! It was a big mistake to give people a 60 free trial and to actually expect them to try the software to see if it suited their needs before they paid.
midas

Postby tarix » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:05 am

midas wrote:Face it! It was a big mistake to give people a 60 free trial and to actually expect them to try the software to see if it suited their needs before they paid.

QFT.

Especially considering the market is people who are supposed to be used to the idea of the positive and negative aspects of every decision they make!

If you are a long time user of PT2 then it is trivial to evaluate PT3. If you are a new user then they have already given you the best tracking software combo there is for free! Use it!
tarix
Developer

Postby MasterLJ » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:32 pm

I'm taken aback by the fact that PT3 isn't a superset of PT2. I was expecting that at least... currently there are some nice new features to PT3 and some old features from PT2 that I don't want to live without. What really bothers me is that I paid for PT3 and haven't received any sort of fix or update in over 3 weeks, I think that is the most unacceptable part of this.

To be specific I'd love to at least see percentages option in hand histories, and perhaps a month-by-month (including current month) for graphing. Not to mention I just got an error that caused my client to crash. I purposely skipped beta because quite frankly, I had no interest in it and new I would not actively seek out bugs, but I plopped down my money on the first day it was available hoping to at least get PT2 + additional features.
MasterLJ

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:49 pm

MasterLJ wrote:To be specific I'd love to at least see percentages option in hand histories

What do you mean by this? Do you mean EV and/or pot odds on the Replayer? (This will be added)

..and perhaps a month-by-month (including current month) for graphing.

If you filter by date you should be able to get monthly graphs. Granted this isn't the quickest way, but more graphing functionality will be added.
WhiteRider

Postby SGB5000 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:23 am

"d0nkkk"

QFT

I pre-ordered the commercial release expecting an unfinished but stable product. Unfortunately PT3 is clearly still in beta testing and it crashes on me constantly. Support ticket from early May remains unanswered.

In view of this I bought HM at the weekend to use until PT3 is at least stable. I have to say HM puts PT3 to shame. It is so far in front at the moment PT3 will not catch up anytime soon, if ever!

I understand there are no refunds available (presumably because so many people want a refund) but this is very unfair on people like me that pre-ordered. The 60 day unrestricted trial was not available at the time I pre-ordered.
SGB5000

Postby jgoldseth » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:30 pm

d0nkkk wrote:
Petzi79 wrote:Face it! It was a big mistake to release a more or less alpha version for real! You have p*ssed a lot of people! You know, bugs are one thing, but lack of basic functionality is another.

Was it really a mistake for them? They got to cash-in on the PT3 hype without even finishing a product and now have sold tons of peoples cash whether or not they do another thing. It was all of our mistake in buying the product and trusting Pokertracker's 'reputation'.

QFT. I could even allow the incompetence if they offered a refund, and then I would consider buying PT3 again when it is actually ready. Instead they pulled a Dutch Boyd on us.
jgoldseth

Return to General [Read Only]