Database Backup Fauilre

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Database Backup Fauilre

Postby PokerBot » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:21 am

For some reason i got these error messages when backing up my database "Error removing tempt optional files" and "Errors were detected during back"

I have done all house keeping again and appeared to backup successfully. I just want to know there is nothing wrong with my database; is there a test feature that will confirm their is nothing "currpted" etc?
PokerBot

Re: Database Backup Fauilre

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:24 pm

If I am understanding correctly you had error messages when backing up, then you performed housekeeping and then you tried the backup again which completed successfully with no errors? If you also received errors the second time that could indicate a problem and if that is the case then open a Support Ticket and report your problem so that we can see what is going on. If you wanted to "test" the backup then you can only do that by restoring it.
Flag_Hippo

Postby PokerBot » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:44 am

Is there a way to test the actual database for corruptions or other issues?
PokerBot

Postby morny » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:18 pm

Restoring your database and trying it out by playing some hands and verifying the data is updating and the report info is correct is really the best way to confirm everything is ok. If there was a corruption you should get an error message. Looking at your post it looks like it might have had a corruption but running housekeeping > reindex can resolve those issues and it looks like that is what happened for you.

As long as your not seeing new errors there shouldn't be anything to worry about. I would keep a backup of the processed hands folder too as a precaution if your worried.
morny

Return to PokerTracker 4