EV Calculation Error

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

EV Calculation Error

Postby sizzlinbetta » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:33 pm

Simply put explain to me how i lose 73 BB of Equity on this hand

The only thing I even use your program for is tracking EV. If your program can't do simple math calculations what is the point of even selling this [offensive language removed]? It breaks down 24/7 and legit this is so alarming obvious the moment i see it I know its wrong...please if you're selling a straight mathematical program. Make it is it can do math computations.

888 Poker Hand #457264832 begins at 2016/09/17 2:08 pm
Seat 7 (mottta4) is the dealer
Sizzlinbetta posts the small blind 0.25
y0zy0z posts the big blind 0.50
Randy_Lahey folds
samogonovar folds
mottta4 raises to 1.75
Sizzlinbetta calls 1.50
y0zy0z raises to 7.00
mottta4 calls 5.25
Sizzlinbetta raises to 28.00
y0zy0z calls 21.00
mottta4 raises to 31.48
Sizzlinbetta calls 3.48
y0zy0z calls 3.48
Flop: [Js 5s Kc]
Sizzlinbetta bets 24.84
y0zy0z folds
24.84 returned to Sizzlinbetta
Turn: [6s]
River: [8s]
Action has ended
mottta4 shows [6h 4d 7s 5h] Straight, Eight High
Sizzlinbetta shows [Ah Qc Qs Td] One Pair, Queens
sizzlinbetta

Re: EV calculation Issue

Postby morny » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:57 pm

Please send us the full original hand history file via our support system and we'll investigate further for you. The exported hands could have incorrect data if they encountered issues during import especially with older versions that had bugs.

Also please note we are here to help as best we can and our only aim is to help provide a solution as quickly and accurately as we can and we understand people sometimes need to blow off some steam when issues arise. However, this is the 3rd correspondence lately you were rude or insulting, and we reserve the right not to respond when language like that is used and/or may have to refer it to management which would delay a response so to ensure your issue is responded to quickly please keep it polite. I have edited the title for you :)
morny

Re: EV Calculation Error

Postby 4StarGen » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:51 am

relax OP
4StarGen

Postby BillGatesIII » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:07 am

@morny: Welcome to the PT4 forums as our newest moderator :)

@sizzlinbetta: Because motta4 was all-in preflop and y0zy0z folds on the flop your preflop all-in equity cannot be calculated (we don't know y0zy0z holecards). Hope that makes sense and otherwise perhaps somebody can explain it better.
    BillGatesIII

Postby sizzlinbetta » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:38 am

I don't even understand how you people can be cool or relaxed...what we're talking about a is a calculation error...i can fly any where in the world and use any calculator if i have the correct formula's i get the right answer...not knowing his cards doesn't mean it's a result based equity...are you's seriously saying that it can't do the math of my % vs opponent % w dead money? If it seriously can't do that what does this do? Other than crash the moment you have a sample size
    sizzlinbetta

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:17 am

As BillGatesIII mentioned All-In Equity is not calculated in the particular example you gave and there is more information on that in this guide.
    Flag_Hippo

Postby sizzlinbetta » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:42 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:As BillGatesIII mentioned All-In Equity is not calculated in the particular example you gave and there is more information on that in this guide.

as mentioned a calculator can't multiple after you've you have used subtraction...its just way too confusing...seriously you guys are just such piles of heaping trash its unbelievable...i can't really imagine what you think you's deserve to be paid for? If the math is too confusing with basic EV situations how about you don't take on the task of creating a program? The fact no one here seems to believe this is a big deal is just a legit thank you to anyone who sits at my tables. Congrats on being next level retarded brosssss
    sizzlinbetta

Postby sizzlinbetta » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:47 pm

blah blah blah our program is trash and we don't understand math we don't have a response so whatever congrats on buying and staring EV charts because that [offensive language removed] just straight made up
    sizzlinbetta

Postby sizzlinbetta » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:59 pm

the more high stake regs i tell the more word is spreading on this [offensive language removed]
    sizzlinbetta

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:09 am

PokerTracker 4 won't calculate in those situations because doing so introduces a systematic bias against you because it allows people to call and later fold when they failed to improve. We have zero issue with you stating your grievances as long as they are civil and constructive and offensive posts/language will be edited/deleted by support staff if they are not civil.
    Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4