by Ashalina77 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:24 pm
Thanks for your very fast answer.
I'm trying to understand. As far as I see it (which isn't technically very far lol):
- The start of a cashhand or a tournament hand is the same.
- The end of a cashhand or a tournament hand is the same. You're either busted or not. (rebuys happen after the end of the hand so shouldn't matter for tourney/cash notes difference)
- There is a set value for each BB
- There are 2 hole cards & max 3 on the board
- Within every hand, there are the same options (check/call/raise/fold)
- Antes can be specified atm in any format (didn't doublecheck this, though since there are ante-cashtables I'm assuming this.)
What I'm saying is that ultimately when taking notes on a hand, it's a note on an isolated hand, with it's variables like stacksizes etc. This can already be specified in both the tourney & the cashnotes.
It looks to me like the biggest issue is the converting of the current double setup to 1 setup.
What if there were a way to copy the basecode of either and just adapt that to suit both (add missing filters of the other format). Then it's just a matter of creating 1 new filter: MTT and/or Cash. (which can be made as a base choice (like Omaha/Holdem is atm) to add an automatic (C) and/or (T) to specify in which of the formats (or both) the note needs to appear.)
Ofcourse I realise that when using this tactic on the current Pokertracker 4, players will loose either (or both) their MTT or Tourney notes. (Anyone that reads this is very very welcome to offer any possible solutions for this!)
So maybe this is an option for PT5 or the paid version of Notetracker (like Notecaddy), which I hope is coming soon, to offer Pokertracker clients/fans the same awesome options as HEM clients get.
Life has taught me that there are always options, finding them just depends on motivation.