My C Net Adjusted

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

My C Net Adjusted

Postby PJs Ronin » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:02 pm

Yep, talking about tournies only.

Is there a link to a description of what this stat means. If not, can I get a precise on it. Am I right in assuming that it only applies to chips (not $s) and only for STTs?
PJs Ronin

Re: My C Net Adjusted

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:51 am

"My C" means "My Currency", and implies a monetary stat.
"My C Net Adjusted" is your expected winnings based on the difference between in ICM values between your actual chip stack at the end of a hand and the all-in equity adjusted chip stack you "should have had" at the end of the hand; for all all-in hands in a tournament. This calculation uses every all-in hand in a STT and final table hands from MTTs where we know the complete payout structure.
WhiteRider

Postby pt4pt4pt4 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:01 am

Is there any stat that gives you credit for adjusted winnings say, slow playing pocket aces on the button against a player in the blinds, hooking him up on a card on the flop and then going in all in on the river? The only credit that you get on that hand is the ICM diff from the river ALL IN between the two hands, and no credit previously.

It's not ALL IN preflop but that would of never of generated the action / winnings as slow playing initially.

Question is there a adjusted stat that takes into account post flop play, to adjust your winnings?

Kraada mentioned last week that Hypers have a problem of adjusted winnings if going all in on first hand. Is this something that can be download in your update files or until a new version is released?
pt4pt4pt4

Postby kraada » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:42 am

It does take into account your equity at the time of the all-in. If it's on the river though you either have 0% or 100% equity so there won't be any real change in results. There's nothing that we have that uses street by street equity (those values aren't stored in our database anywhere).

I said there might be such an issue. Either way, if there is, it'll be fixed for future tournaments when the tournament detection updates which is an automatic download (and you can see the tourney detect release notes in the sticky thread in this forum). Once you have an updated version you would need to re-run detection on any affected tournaments to update those as well (via the Enter Results window).
kraada

Postby pt4pt4pt4 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:00 pm

If ALL In on Turn then it takes the diff only there?

I did a DB upgrade to the latest version and did a comparison of ROi adjusted, Buyins ADJ, and C Net Adjusted.

Hypers had a very large improvement since those stats looked way off before and came a little more into line now.

All those ADJ stats tho are not useful.

The creation of an Equity stat as mentioned before, would really give an accurate estimate of expected winnings.

PT4 has a lot of features and graphs to go with it, so expected results would benefit with more accuracy.

I understand that PT4 has it's own view on Multi-way ALL iNs, Hero Stats, and Equity / Adjusted results.

Your ICM feature is a great addition and would like to see any table converted to FT and the ability to use any HUD stat as a automatic Hand Range indicator (like Villians VPIP = Range value).
pt4pt4pt4

Postby PJs Ronin » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:37 pm

WhiteRider wrote:"...This calculation uses every all-in hand in a STT and final table hands from MTTs where we know the complete payout structure.

Does that mean all-ins during MTTs prior to the final table are NOT included in the calculation?
PJs Ronin

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:05 am

pt4pt4pt4 wrote:If ALL In on Turn then it takes the diff only there?

Equities are always calculated at the point of the all-in.

PJs Ronin wrote:Does that mean all-ins during MTTs prior to the final table are NOT included in the calculation?

Correct. We need to know the chip stacks of all players who are still in the tournament, and we can only do that when they are all in the same hand.
WhiteRider

Postby PJs Ronin » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:25 pm

WhiteRider wrote:
PJs Ronin wrote:Does that mean all-ins during MTTs prior to the final table are NOT included in the calculation?

Correct. We need to know the chip stacks of all players who are still in the tournament, and we can only do that when they are all in the same hand.

Trying to wrap my head around this. So, the calculation is only performed at the final table, not start after the bubble. So in a large MTT, all-ins ITM but not FT will not form part of the calculation?
PJs Ronin

Postby kraada » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:39 am

We can't know what was happening on the other tables at the time, so we can't properly adjust for things in multi-table tournaments around the bubble. In fact, we often can't even know you're at the bubble if there are multiple other tables, so we wouldn't even know when to start adjusting from.
kraada

Postby PJs Ronin » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:48 pm

kraada wrote:We can't know what was happening on the other tables at the time, so we can't properly adjust for things in multi-table tournaments around the bubble. In fact, we often can't even know you're at the bubble if there are multiple other tables, so we wouldn't even know when to start adjusting from.

Understand. So in essence My C Net Adjusted is only 'reliable' for ring games and STTs.
PJs Ronin

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4