Full Tilt Error: Unrecognized Game Type

Experiencing technical difficulties? Think you've found a problem with PokerTracker 3? Report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Full Tilt Error: Unrecognized Game Type

Postby Malamut88 » Thu May 09, 2013 7:33 pm

ianbibian wrote:Just download PT4. It is free if you already have PT3.

Go into your account with PT and they give you the code for PT4. :geek:

kraada wrote:PT3 is no longer on sale and hasn't been for almost 6 months, and anybody who bought PT3 within the last 22 months or so is entitled to a free PT4 upgrade. Legacy support simply comes after support for the product we are currently developing and selling on the market.

They should have started with this.

So if I bought PT3 earlier then 22 months im not entitled to get a free PT4 upgrade? On your purchase page i can see i have 60$ discount and still i have to pay 40$ for an update despite ive already paid you for PT3 and you're ur not delivering proper service (like u said PT4 is a priority), i hate that kind of policy, when a company cant maintain quality of a product already sold and it forces customer to pay more. I would highly recommend you to change your marketing strategy beacause greed never pays. I realize i might souund a little dramatic but im sick of this kind of common practice in various fields of buisness. So if you wont minister and see after your old customers with equal care for the new ones i demand my money back.

yet kind regards
malamucki
Malamut88

Postby mossback1 » Thu May 09, 2013 11:02 pm

please don't abandon us after all these years
unfortunately, some of us who play in the
micro-limits may not be able to afford
the new software, even with the very large
and gracious discount
mossback1

Postby shahrad » Thu May 09, 2013 11:50 pm

worldgoround wrote:Are we talking about days or weeks here? If this isnt fixed in the next few days i will buy holdemmanager and be done with your products for good. This has to be a joke

This will not solve your problem. They act the same way like you can find here: Trying to force you to upgrade whenever there is a new product.
shahrad

Postby WhiteRider » Fri May 10, 2013 3:23 am

PokerTracker 3 is software that is nearly six years old, we are still providing fixes if we find a bug in PT3, but this will end soon... we are preparing PT3 for retirement. This is a standard operating procedure in the software business, we cannot feasibly support PT3 for free forever, but we can provide a discount to encourage players such as yourself to upgrade to PokerTracker 4 so they can continue getting great support and frequent updates.

PS: We sent out emails to all PT3 users announcing the discount process for upgrading from PT3 to PT4.
WhiteRider

Postby worldgoround » Fri May 10, 2013 4:20 am

-Support PT 3 for free- what do you mean for FREE? I PAID for that product! Forget it I am done here
worldgoround

Postby Stude » Fri May 10, 2013 9:19 am

Many thanks!
I must have purchased PT3 just before PT4 launch and never knew this :)
Stude

Postby drwose » Fri May 10, 2013 10:45 am

Finally a Good Excuse to upgrade tom PT3 to 4. $40 is a steal :-)
drwose

Postby mjr161 » Sat May 11, 2013 12:01 pm

WhiteRider,

Can you give us a timeframe of how much longer you'll at least fix hand history import issues on PT3? I've paid for my PT4 upgrade, but every time I try to convert my PT3 db there are just tons and tons of errors. I no doubt have one of the most complicated dbs you've ever run across, with hands going all the way back to 2003 across 50+ aliases and just about every network ever seen in online poker. I'm talking old UB, Tribeca, Crypto, and everything in between.

Even though I see the benefits in added features moving to PT4, I use PT almost exclusively for my own records which is why I'm so tied to keeping my entire history of online poker in one database. I don't use a HUD or do any notes, table tracking, or leak analysis. I also run a winxp parallels VM on my mac and appreciate only having to give the VM 1GB of RAM vs the 3GB requirement for PT4.
mjr161

Postby WhiteRider » Sat May 11, 2013 12:45 pm

As Kraada said earlier in this thread we need to finalize the remaining fixes in PT4 before PT3 will be updated. That said I would expect a PT3 release within a few days, although I don't have a definite timescale yet.
WhiteRider

Postby mjr161 » Sat May 11, 2013 1:10 pm

WhiteRider wrote:As Kraada said earlier in this thread we need to finalize the remaining fixes in PT4 before PT3 will be updated. That said I would expect a PT3 release within a few days, although I don't have a definite timescale yet.

I'm not sure if you were replying to my post or not, but if so I think you misunderstood a bit. Basically I was wondering how much longer you'll continue to fix any import issues in PT3. I understand that you aren't adding any new features which I'm fine with. I'm just curious to know how long it would be before issues like a site changing their HH format would no longer be fixed. That's really the point where I would be forced to upgrade.

On a side note... is there anyone there that could convert my DB from PT3 to PT4 for a price? No matter how I do it, whether it be using the coversion tool or manually exporting out of PT3 and into a new PT4 db the result is just errors errors errors. I'm thinking it's having trouble with the real legacy networks' hh formats like Old UB, Old AP pre Cereus, etc.
mjr161

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Support / Bug Reports [Read Only]