Retina support in mac edition

Let us know what features not currently in the PT4 should be added.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Retina support in mac edition

Postby zwoop » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:08 am

Just orderd the retina mac. Now im waiting for pt4 mac edition and whatever you do dont leave out on optimizing pt4 for retina, you have a great product so dont skip out on the details!
zwoop

Re: Retina support in mac edition

Postby kraada » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:55 am

I can't promise anything but I did hear that one of our developers was getting himself a retina mac too . . .
kraada

Postby EssQue » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:47 pm

The program itself looks good on the retina display. However, the HUD looks terrible when on PokerStars. Is this due to PS not being optimised for the retina display?
EssQue

Postby kraada » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:55 pm

That's entirely possible, but to be honest I'm not entirely certain - I'll ask our Mac devs and see if I can get a response for you.
kraada

Postby tarix » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:29 am

EssQue wrote:The program itself looks good on the retina display. However, the HUD looks terrible when on PokerStars. Is this due to PS not being optimised for the retina display?

No, this is a limitation of the way we currently draw the main part of the hud. You'll notice that popups look very nice for example. There are a few HUD improvements that are on our list and better support for 10.8 and additional retina support are at the top.
tarix
Developer

Postby EssQue » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:28 am

tarix wrote:
EssQue wrote:The program itself looks good on the retina display. However, the HUD looks terrible when on PokerStars. Is this due to PS not being optimised for the retina display?

No, this is a limitation of the way we currently draw the main part of the hud. You'll notice that popups look very nice for example. There are a few HUD improvements that are on our list and better support for 10.8 and additional retina support are at the top.

Really? The popups look the same as the hud - terrible.
EssQue

Postby tarix » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:28 pm

EssQue wrote:Really? The popups look the same as the hud - terrible.

Please create a support ticket and attach screenshots of the issue. I'm not seeing this on my mid-2012 15" Retina.
tarix
Developer

Postby EssQue » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:18 pm

tarix wrote:
EssQue wrote:Really? The popups look the same as the hud - terrible.

Please create a support ticket and attach screenshots of the issue. I'm not seeing this on my mid-2012 15" Retina.

Hi. I created a support ticket under PT4/HUD Issues/Heads-up display (HUD) Issues
EssQue

Postby kraada » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:28 pm

Thanks, we will look into it and get back to you via your ticket.
kraada

Postby AlexanderR » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:36 am

Am i right that Retina support is only in mac version of pt4? I am playing on my macbook using virtual machine, because mac version doesn't support zoom.
P.S. I am really disappointed now, because when i was going to buy macbook i thought it would be a temporary measure to use a virtual machine. I bought macbook and pt4 and now when mac version released it doesn't support zoom, retina and even in windows version so many problems with zoom hud. I am thinking about selling macbook, but i can't sell pt4 to buy hm2 that works good in zoom.
AlexanderR

Next

Return to PT4 Feature Requests