Erratic hand counter HUD problem

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Erratic hand counter HUD problem

Postby lhbrennan » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:47 pm

Has anyone else experience this?

The "hands played" stat on my HUD bounces around semi randomly. This consistently happens when I'm playing the same opponent on multiple tables. I'm not sure if it's also a problem playing one table at a time. This essentially renders the HUD useless for me at this point.

Any suggestions?
lhbrennan

Re: Erratic hand counter HUD problem

Postby kraada » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:36 pm

This is the first I've heard of an issue like this. Please restart PT4 using the Logging Enabled link on your Start Menu and reproduce this problem. Then please send us the PokerTracker4.log file via a support ticket so that we can investigate this further for you. You can find this file by clicking File -> Open User Data Folder in the main PT4 window. The file we need is the text file called PokerTracker that's in the folder that appears. Once we have your log we'll be much better able to assess what is going on.
kraada

Postby lhbrennan » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:26 pm

So I just double checked. If I play a single table of Headup, there is no problem. It's when I play the same opponent on two separate headup tables that things get weird.
lhbrennan

Postby kraada » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:05 pm

Do you have the HUD set to show session stats? Then you might be getting different stats from the two tables as they're different table sessions. You can toggle lifetime stats on for everyone under the PT Icon.
kraada

Postby lhbrennan » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:01 pm

The HUD boxes were in black, not red, which I believe means it was set to lifetime stats mode. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Either way, sometimes the hands number would decrease drastically, from 25 down to 4, or something along those lines. It seems like that should be impossible regardles of the mode.

Edit: I just figured out something: the # of hands displayed isn't actually random, it goes back and fourth between the number of hands that are displayed in the hero's box for each table.

For example, if I've played 32 hands on one table, and 16 on another, then my opponents' hand counter on both tables will oscillate between those two values, independent of each other and of whether they are on the same table as the value that's displayed.
lhbrennan

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:06 am

Are your own stats correct at both tables in this case?
Do you have the player name in the Hud to be sure the stats are next to the relevant player?
Have you made any changes to your Hud profile or are you using one of the built-in default profiles?

If you see this problem using one of the default profiles please enable logging (Configure > Options) and restart PT4.
Play a few hands at two tables to reproduce the problem. Take screenshots to illustrate, and then attach the PokerTracker4.log file from C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\ (which you can access from the PT4 File menu) to a Support Ticket along with the screenshots and the hand history files from the session.

Tutorial: Reporting a problem
WhiteRider

Postby lhbrennan » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:32 pm

Are your own stats correct at both tables in this case?

My stats seem fine.

Do you have the player name in the Hud to be sure the stats are next to the relevant player?

Yes I do.

Have you made any changes to your Hud profile or are you using one of the built-in default profiles?

I'm using a custom HUD that I built.

I opened a support ticket.
lhbrennan

Postby kraada » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:40 am

Thanks, we'll get back to you in your ticket.
kraada

Postby lhbrennan » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:53 pm

Guys, I don't mean to harp on this but I haven't been able to use PT4 because of it, and it's been about a month now.
lhbrennan

Postby lhbrennan » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:29 pm

I may have just gotten to the bottom of it. When I remove the hands per hour stat from my HUD, everything seems to be working fine.
lhbrennan

Next

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles