PT4 for Mobile

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

PT4 for Mobile

Postby Liahim » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:57 am

Hi guys,
Can I track and import the hands played at ZOOM tables from my mobile device (Galaxy Tab)?
Thanks!
Liahim

Re: PT4 for Mobile

Postby Parket » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:09 am

That's not a PT4 problem but PS. Stars's Android app is currently not saving hands, so there is no way to get them into PT4.
The only way to do it is to request them by mail, but the problem there is that you can only get your last 100 hands.
Parket

Postby Liahim » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:19 am

Thanks Parket. Kind of intuited the aswer but hoped somebody can give me the good news that PokerStars can also synchronise the hand history from mobile.

By the way, can you lead my way into synchronizing the hand history from 2 different computers? Let's say my computer from work with the personal computer from home - I play from both and I'm wondering if I can see the reports gathered on both, no mater from what PC I played some session...
Liahim

Postby pt4pt4pt4 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:35 am

Liahim wrote:Thanks Parket. Kind of intuited the aswer but hoped somebody can give me the good news that PokerStars can also synchronise the hand history from mobile.

I read a thread somwewhere on 2+2 where Stars devs were being requested this option from players. You might want to check their responses.

Pokerstars does not feel the need to provide detailed HHs or easy to read player audits. I guess they feel why bother for the few winning players. This would be a MGT decision and if they don't play poker, they just wouldn't understand.
pt4pt4pt4

Postby Parket » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:02 am

pt4pt4pt4 wrote:Pokerstars does not feel the need to provide detailed HHs or easy to read player audits. I guess they feel why bother for the few winning players. This would be a MGT decision and if they don't play poker, they just wouldn't understand.

That kinda contradicts with all the other options that players get with the Windows client. If you see all the possibilties to get information from both hands as well as tourney summaries, then I doubt that it's a mgmt decision to protect the bad players. Stars is by far the best room for getting all the information that PT4 could ever need/use.

Liahim wrote:By the way, can you lead my way into synchronizing the hand history from 2 different computers? Let's say my computer from work with the personal computer from home - I play from both and I'm wondering if I can see the reports gathered on both, no mater from what PC I played some session...

I also happen to play on 2 different systems: desktop PC for the grind and a netbook for the lazy couch sessions. I solved the sync problem by having my database on a separate server (my media/file server which is on 24/7) such that wherever I play, I always have all latest data without having to manually copy/reimport files. Obviously that still doesn't solve the mobile app issue, because there I have to request HH mails and import those through Get Hands From Email.
Parket

Postby pt4pt4pt4 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:18 pm

Parket wrote: That kinda contradicts with all the other options that players get with the Windows client. If you see all the possibilties to get information from both hands as well as tourney summaries, then I doubt that it's a mgmt decision to protect the bad players. Stars is by far the best room for getting all the information that PT4 could ever need/use.

No one said anything about protecting bad players.

My point has nothing to do with their Beta advancements and client software.

You can check the 2+2 forums of players asking for addons / rebuys stats in HH and PT4 has stated they are limited to what Stars provides in their HH.

Just because they are the best and largest does not mean thay are complete.
pt4pt4pt4

Postby Parket » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:21 pm

Nvm, I thought you were referring to the Mobile client and explaining why there is no HH support there. I never claimed it would be complete, else we would not be filing all these Auto Detect tickets ;).
Parket

Postby pt4pt4pt4 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:28 pm

Parket wrote:Nvm, I thought you were referring to the Mobile client and explaining why there is no HH support there. I never claimed it would be complete, else we would not be filing all these Auto Detect tickets ;).

i think they have made great additions in the last year but it's the details that you mentioned to the HH / audits and summaries that need to be completed.

I personally use the new CHANGE FELT COLOR and Tournament Color Options (both beta) all the time and has made things much easier. I suggested to Beta that they link the two to combine the power of the new features.
pt4pt4pt4

Postby Liahim » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:11 pm

Parket wrote:I also happen to play on 2 different systems: desktop PC for the grind and a netbook for the lazy couch sessions. I solved the sync problem by having my database on a separate server (my media/file server which is on 24/7) such that wherever I play, I always have all latest data without having to manually copy/reimport files. Obviously that still doesn't solve the mobile app issue, because there I have to request HH mails and import those through Get Hands From Email.

Yes, this database on a separate server seems to be a good idea. One problem it will be my poor IT knowledge :D Can you please give me the step by step direction of how I can create this database and save my HH on a separate server? I will need a personal server?

...and about the mobile issue - guys, many thanks for the useful informations.
Liahim

Postby Parket » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:33 pm

If you don't have a server (i.e. machine that is on 24/7) then you're just better off taking the fastest of your 2 machines and use that for the database. Then whenever you decide to play on the other machine, you have to make sure that both machines are on.

Here's a guide that should help you : https://www.pokertracker.com/guides/PT4 ... al-network .
Parket

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4