Editing pokerstars CFG file for auto detecion?

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Editing pokerstars CFG file for auto detecion?

Postby pt4pt4pt4 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:42 pm

any instructions on that so we can edit it ourselves to detect tourneys with proper winnings?
pt4pt4pt4

Re: Editing pokerstars CFG file for auto detecion?

Postby Parket » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:01 pm

+1 for this.
Filing ticket for every wrong auto-detect is becoming so cumbersome. For every one that gets fixed in a new update, another one is wrong again. I even wonder whether some aren't even wrong that were fine in the past.
Parket

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:29 pm

It isn't the PokerStars.cfg file that you need to edit, it is the TournamentDetect.cfg. You can make changes to this but the file will be overwritten when a new version is uploaded to our servers. I believe there are plans to have an additional file which you can edit personally which won't be overwritten but I'm not sure when that will be done.
WhiteRider

Postby tarix » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:24 am

WhiteRider wrote:I believe there are plans to have an additional file which you can edit personally which won't be overwritten but I'm not sure when that will be done.

The file is also goes in your config directory:
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Config\TournamentDetectCustomized.cfg
tarix
Developer

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:34 am

Apologies - I didn't realize that the TournamentDetectCustomized.cfg file was actively being used already. Changes you make here will be applied and not overwritten so you can add your own definitions if you like. We would still appreciate a heads-up of any tournaments which don't detect correctly so that we can update the general definitions though.
WhiteRider

Postby pt4pt4pt4 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:04 am

WhiteRider wrote:Apologies - I didn't realize that the TournamentDetectCustomized.cfg file was actively being used already. Changes you make here will be applied and not overwritten so you can add your own definitions if you like. We would still appreciate a heads-up of any tournaments which don't detect correctly so that we can update the general definitions though.

I have no problems in PMing or posting on the forum with any changes to the Stars CFG, so that everyone can benefit (if we all contribute makes life easier for all).

I am just not sure of the format that you require to define a tourney / sng in the CFG so that it is properly detected and assigned winnings.

If you had an example of a fictitious tourney that is to be added and what steps are need, would be helpful.
pt4pt4pt4

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:29 am

The reason that this functionality hasn't been advertised is that the intention is to provide a mechanism within PT4 to produce your own rules without having to understand the format of the file.

If you want to edit it in the meantime take a look at how the existing TournamentDetect.cfg file is laid out - that has all of the existing rules so you should find something similar to what you want to create.
WhiteRider

Postby Parket » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:30 am

This is really good news (the personalized cfg-file) but I agree with pt4³ that a little extra info would be appreciated.

And slightly related: I really would like an option to automatically do the auto-detect when importing Tournament Summaries. Quite often I see that after import of a Tournament Summary, the tourney type is incorrect (not sure if it already was or whether the import did it) and have to do the auto-detect. The auto-detect almost always is able to correct this.
Parket

Return to PokerTracker 4