Feature Reuest stats vs Hero like HM2

Let us know what features not currently in the PT4 should be added.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Feature Reuest stats vs Hero like HM2

Postby dan4qa » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:59 am

It's will be great if stats like this will realese in feature
dan4qa

Re: Feature Reuest stats vs Hero like HM2

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:47 am

vs Hero stats have been deliberately omitted from the HUD in PT4 as they can give misleading information, and take a very long time to converge. I understand that one of my colleagues is writing up a post about this, but in the meantime check out this article which summarizes the reasons.

There is a "Hero vs Villain" report in the Results section to allow you to see hands where you won or lost money to a villain.
WhiteRider

Postby SarahSugar » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:10 pm

Hi,

I admire your move to dump the personalised stats.

I would still like it if you:

a) Make it available for people who know how to use them or
b) Write a quick guide on how to include them yourself

There are players who have studied statistics at university and have a ton of online poker experience as well.
They would know how to interpret the skewed stats.

Thanks
SarahSugar

Postby kraada » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:41 am

We intend to make a blog post about this issue - it's our opinion that these stats are not useful even if you know statistics. Either the stats themselves will be bad (e.g. fold to PF 3bet), or have insufficient sample size ( BTN fold to CO Open) to be meaningful. We will elaborate further in said blog post.
kraada

Postby friidayy » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:01 pm

Hello,

I dont understand your arguments against the "vs Hero" stat.
This stat will give you just a tendency of Villain like all other stats do.
If someone can handle with this stat or not should be the right of the player himself...

It will be no problem for you to include that in PT4 and the fact that you are so hard blocking, makes HM2 more attractive.

So, there's one question, how should hero find out, that villain 3bets often vs him and against most other players just <2% ?
friidayy

Postby kraada » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:22 pm

We will write a blog post that will go into this in further depth.

Just to give you a taste: "3Bet Preflop" by itself would not be a good stat to use as vs Hero even if it were available. Imagine you play 100 hands against a good, aggressive opponent. At that table, he was to your immediate left, so when you were on the cutoff, he had the button. He 3bet your cutoff opens liberally.

Now the next time you see him, you're across the table from him.

If he's truly a good player he's not going to be 3betting you the same percentage from across the table as he was when he was to your immediate left - your opening ranges will be different and thus his 3betting ranges will be different as well. (Note: if he doesn't adjust here, he won't adjust at all and you can then use his regular 3Bet numbers and vs Hero stats still wouldn't help you!)
kraada

Postby friidayy » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:53 am

I know what you are pointing at, but I think the tendency will be there and helpful for hero.

So what about the situation in which hero is cbetting und villain raises?
Again, for this stat or note, it takes a large sampelsize but that belongs to all stats.

I tried to include that in PT4 Notetracker, but it doesnt work.

I set this settings:
Player: Flop - Raise Type - Raised Continuation Bet
Opponent: Player Is Hero

thanks for helping
friidayy

Postby kraada » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:07 am

That note should work - what's going wrong with it?
kraada

Postby friidayy » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:46 am

It's not only the cbetting- note, I also created a note which deals with 3bet vs hero by selecting this options:

player: raised preflop any 3bet
opponent: (player is hero) and (raised preflop any 2bet) also optional with "and (voluntarily put money in pot)"

After some hands it creats mass notes, I figured out that the problem is "player is hero".
I think the program doesnt know who hero really is and takes everyone as hero.
friidayy

Postby Fox128 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:08 am

kraada wrote:We will write a blog post that will go into this in further depth.

Just to give you a taste: "3Bet Preflop" by itself would not be a good stat to use as vs Hero even if it were available. Imagine you play 100 hands against a good, aggressive opponent. At that table, he was to your immediate left, so when you were on the cutoff, he had the button. He 3bet your cutoff opens liberally.

Now the next time you see him, you're across the table from him.

If he's truly a good player he's not going to be 3betting you the same percentage from across the table as he was when he was to your immediate left - your opening ranges will be different and thus his 3betting ranges will be different as well. (Note: if he doesn't adjust here, he won't adjust at all and you can then use his regular 3Bet numbers and vs Hero stats still wouldn't help you!)

There are positional and even vs positional 3bet stats to see that. Those could also be viewed as vs Hero stats. An overall 3bet stat vs Hero for every position would be nonsense obv.

I must admit, I don't really need vs Hero stats that bad myself... But I don't understand the reluctance to include them.
Fox128

Next

Return to PT4 Feature Requests