Store temporary images on RAM drive error

NoteCaddy for PokerTracker 4. Information is power!

Moderators: Flag_Hippo, Moderators, NoteCaddy Moderators

Store temporary images on RAM drive error

Postby rowhousepd » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:10 pm

I just tried to enable the feature to store temporary images on RAM drive, but I keep getting the message: "Error changing temp image options: The system cannot find the file specified."

This would be a nice feature to have activated from what I've read to help with the performance. Any idea what it means? Fyi, I recently reset NC to the factory settings, so I've tried that already. Thanks.
rowhousepd

Re: Store temporary images on RAM drive error

Postby nostrakhan » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:31 pm

rowhousepd wrote:I just tried to enable the feature to store temporary images on RAM drive, but I keep getting the message: "Error changing temp image options: The system cannot find the file specified."

This would be a nice feature to have activated from what I've read to help with the performance. Any idea what it means? Fyi, I recently reset NC to the factory settings, so I've tried that already. Thanks.

A few other people have had this issue, and we have an outstanding ticket for the developers regarding this but it hasn't been addressed yet.

Can you tell me if your windows is installed on your C:/ directory? The reason I ask is because another person who had this issue had his 'temp' folder (usually C:\temp) in a different location.
nostrakhan

Re: Store temporary images on RAM drive error

Postby rowhousepd » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:18 am

nostrakhan wrote:Can you tell me if your windows is installed on your C:/ directory? The reason I ask is because another person who had this issue had his 'temp' folder (usually C:\temp) in a different location.

Yup. It's a pretty standard installation. Windows is in C:\, PT4 is in C:\Program Files (x86), PostgreSQL v9.3 is in C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL, and there's a temp folder in C:\temp. Nothin' to unusual. :?
rowhousepd

Return to NoteCaddy