NC on PokerStars

NoteCaddy for PokerTracker 4. Information is power!

Moderators: Flag_Hippo, Moderators, NoteCaddy Moderators

NC on PokerStars

Postby pushkiz » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:26 am

Hi,
i want to try out NC on PS but i noticed there are some restrictions. I do not want to violate their rules and am interested in these things:
1. CaddySpark and CaddyScatter graphs are not allowed to be used during live play on PokerStars and full tilt poker. Does it mean that i cannot create NC stats on my HUD like say NC.ThreeBetsInPosition.note as by default .note stats create a scater and spark? Or does NC automatically disable these graphs during live play?
2. Is it even allowed to create stats like NC.ThreeBetsInPosition.note as i will get exact hands that villain 3bets in position? This is in regards to "Composite definitions are currently available on PokerStars and full tilt poker. Expressions using definitions that "filter by hole cards and/or board cards" will not work on live PokerStars and Full Tilt poker tables".
pushkiz

Re: NC on PokerStars

Postby pushkiz » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:15 pm

And also manual badges. Are they allowed on poker stars? The note about badges is from 2015 on notecaddy site so just wanted to know if there are any updates on this.
pushkiz

Postby nostrakhan » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:50 pm

Hi pushkiz,

1. CaddySpark and CaddyScatter graphs are not allowed to be used during live play on PokerStars and full tilt poker. Does it mean that i cannot create NC stats on my HUD like say NC.ThreeBetsInPosition.note as by default .note stats create a scater and spark? Or does NC automatically disable these graphs during live play?

You can create and use these stats, but anything that is not permitted will automatically filter out from displaying, so that you won't break any rules.

2. Is it even allowed to create stats like NC.ThreeBetsInPosition.note as i will get exact hands that villain 3bets in position? This is in regards to "Composite definitions are currently available on PokerStars and full tilt poker. Expressions using definitions that "filter by hole cards and/or board cards" will not work on live PokerStars and Full Tilt poker tables".

Yes you can create stats like in your example and use them. It is permitted for NoteCaddy to display hands in the notes that it creates at PokerStars live tables.

And also manual badges. Are they allowed on poker stars? The note about badges is from 2015 on notecaddy site so just wanted to know if there are any updates on this.

Yes manual badges are also permitted at PokerStars live tables, via the use of the 'NC.PlayerTags' stat.

If you have any further questions just let us know anytime.
nostrakhan

Postby cjparrott » Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:30 pm

quick question related to PS and .Notes vs .Text

.notes seems to contain the text notes on ranges, caddy scatter, heat map and card history
while the .text just has the text on hand ranges

if i use the .notes file on PS i won't be violating any rules b/c the extra options will filter out and just show me the text on hand ranges, correct?
similar to just using the .text version of the stat, correct?

if PS filters out the extra without violation, i would like to use the .notes version because it would still show me the text stats during play, but show me the extra options when doing hand review.... would this work?

or should i make a .text version for playing on PS and a .notes version for hand review (or other sites)?

i hope this question makes sense

thanks
cjparrott

Postby cjparrott » Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:59 pm

sorry.... also, would just using the .text make NC less likely to crash than when using .notes?
cjparrott

Postby nokaspokas » Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:14 pm

Hello,

You should use the .notes on your HUD at all times. Any feature that is not allowed by PS gets disabled automatically by HM3/NC. The only thing we can consider doing is turning off some of those disabled features on the notes itself or the HUD. Delete a few badges placings on the HUD in example to save some table space i.e. But this is not necessary at all since as said above NC already blocks all features not allowed at PS.

Best wishes,

nokaspokas.
nokaspokas

Return to NoteCaddy