Problem with NoteCaddy

NoteCaddy for PokerTracker 4. Information is power!

Moderators: Flag_Hippo, Moderators, NoteCaddy Moderators

Re: Problem with NoteCaddy

Postby shiva2 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:09 pm

NCv.2.9.9042.0 here and still have the problem
shiva2

Postby nokaspokas » Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:53 am

Hello,

Im sorry you are still running into this issue. Most of the users affected reported it was fixed for them.

Since you still have this issue try the following:

- Close PT4.
- Go to C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Apps and move the Tm90ZUNhZGR5 folder to your desktop as a backup.
- Restart PT4, allow a couple minutes for NC to reinstall. It should start the wizard after installing NC again.
- As a test please try installing only the default definitions or a NCE pack of definitions.

Also make sure PT4 is up to date. If you get the same issue after trying this steps please open a support ticket and attach the log files to it so we can review them.

At the moment your case is becoming very specific so if this doesn´t fix it we will have to try and isolate further why on your end it was not a fix.

Best wishes,

nokaspokas.
nokaspokas

Postby SretiCentV » Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:35 am

If you're experiencing this or any unexpected behavior with NC please make sure you have 'automatically submit error reports' selected in settings.

auto_error_reports.png

apologies for the inconvenience
SretiCentV
Third Party App Developer

Postby EmperorI » Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:34 am

Had the same problem with note caddy for several months now. After few hands the message was pop up and i had to re enable note caddy. Yesterday i removed only the note caddy badges from my hud and everything was ok (8 hour tournament session). Can anyone else try this and confirmed that this is the problem?
EmperorI

Postby nokaspokas » Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:57 pm

EmperorI wrote:Had the same problem with note caddy for several months now. After few hands the message was pop up and i had to re enable note caddy. Yesterday i removed only the note caddy badges from my hud and everything was ok (8 hour tournament session). Can anyone else try this and confirmed that this is the problem?

Thank you for your input! I will use this while tring replicate this issue.Hopefully it gives us some more clues.
nokaspokas

Postby Afro79 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:40 pm

nokaspokas wrote:
EmperorI wrote:Had the same problem with note caddy for several months now. After few hands the message was pop up and i had to re enable note caddy. Yesterday i removed only the note caddy badges from my hud and everything was ok (8 hour tournament session). Can anyone else try this and confirmed that this is the problem?

Thank you for your input! I will use this while tring replicate this issue.Hopefully it gives us some more clues.

Hi Nokaspokas, I'm unable to send you a private message due to my current permissions on the forum ("Your current permissions only allow you to private message PokerTracker administrators and moderators."). However, I wanted to reach out and share my observations with you. I've spent numerous hours attempting to resolve the crashing Note Caddy issue, but unfortunately, I haven't been successful so far. Nonetheless, I hope that my experiences can be of assistance to someone more knowledgeable and proficient with IT.

Regards
Afro79

Postby nokaspokas » Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:58 am

Hello,

I have noticed you have open a support ticket about this issue. Thank you for that and I will talk to you about this using that ticket.

Im currently trying to replicate this issue using the information you and a couple other users have submited. Unfortunatly Im one of those who have not been able to replicate this on my end. This issue affects some users but not all so it has been hard to track to its root.

Among the steps i will try to isolate further is:

- Try to time the amount of time it takes for the error to trigger. Some users report about 20 minutes of play. Or 70-100 hands.
- Use different HUDs to trigger the error. Will focus on your report of removing badges from HUD.
- Try with different sets of definitions (from default to NCE packs), increasing in number until the error triggers.

I will try them in that order but since it requires live play most of the time to trigger the error it might take some time until I get to the last option to test if that is needed.

I will get back to you on that ticket as soon as I finished some of the testing on this.

Any infor anyone can share is welcome and we thank you for your support while developing Notecaddy for Pokertracker 4.

Best wishes,

nokaspokas
nokaspokas

Previous

Return to NoteCaddy