Re: PT4 & Mavericks

A special forum dedicated to our PT4 for Mac OS X users

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Postby Abrk23 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:29 pm

^ Never mind that question since I had SQL 9.0.x on my old computer and database transferred fine when using SQL 9.3

anyway I followed all the prompts to uninstall as per this guide. http://www.pokertracker.com/guides/PT4/ ... gresql-mac obviously replacing 8.4 with my version 9.3

however when I uninstalled pokertracker4 and re-installed it (because I figured it would be easier to just get the SQL through PT4) I get this issue upon start up

unable to login to database (postgres). Reason: could not connect to server: No such file or directory is the server running locally and accepting connections on unix domain socket “/tmp/.s. PGSQL.5432”?

Like I said, I have no idea if/what I did wrong. All the commands I did seemed to work fine but I'm not sure.
Abrk23

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:51 am

Abrk23 wrote:^ Never mind that question since I had SQL 9.0.x on my old computer and database transferred fine when using SQL 9.3

anyway I followed all the prompts to uninstall as per this guide. http://www.pokertracker.com/guides/<span title="pt4" name="vocabhighlighterpt4" id="vocabhighlighter441" class="vh2-PT4">PT4</span>/databases/how-to-uninstallreinstall-postgresql-mac obviously replacing 8.4 with my version 9.3

however when I uninstalled pokertracker4 and re-installed it (because I figured it would be easier to just get the SQL through <span title="pt4" name="vocabhighlighterpt4" id="vocabhighlighter442" class="vh2-PT4">PT4</span>) I get this issue upon start up

unable to login to database (postgres). Reason: could not connect to server: No such file or directory is the server running locally and accepting connections on unix domain socket “/tmp/.s. PGSQL.5432”?

Like I said, I have no idea if/what I did wrong. All the commands I did seemed to work fine but I'm not sure.

If PostgreSQL has already been installed then installing PT4 again won't re-install it - you will need to install PostgreSQL 9.0 as per the guide.
WhiteRider

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:07 am

Lakestone wrote:
WhiteRider wrote:Do you have your tables on the main desktop (in Mission Control)? The Hud will not work correctly on other desktops.

Yes, everything in desktop one. My HUD is working but when clicking the note icon in the HUD the note window pops up behind the table...

I'm not seeing that - the note editor works OK for me. Please open a separate thread in this forum so that we can keep track of your issue. Remind us what the issue is and tell us what site(s) you play at, and what type of tables.
WhiteRider

Postby Abrk23 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:11 am

WhiteRider wrote:
Abrk23 wrote:^ Never mind that question since I had SQL 9.0.x on my old computer and database transferred fine when using SQL 9.3

anyway I followed all the prompts to uninstall as per this guide. http://www.pokertracker.com/guides/<span title="pt4" name="vocabhighlighterpt4" id="vocabhighlighter441" class="vh2-PT4">PT4</span>/databases/how-to-uninstallreinstall-postgresql-mac obviously replacing 8.4 with my version 9.3

however when I uninstalled pokertracker4 and re-installed it (because I figured it would be easier to just get the SQL through <span title="pt4" name="vocabhighlighterpt4" id="vocabhighlighter442" class="vh2-PT4">PT4</span>) I get this issue upon start up

If PostgreSQL has already been installed then installing PT4 again won't re-install it - you will need to install PostgreSQL 9.0 as per the guide.

Yes ok great, I re-installed SQL9.0.x (the newest one available) and everything seems to work fine. I created a ticket earlier in the day, feel free to close it as there seems to be no issue.

Thanks
Abrk23

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:17 am

Thanks for the update - I've closed your ticket.
WhiteRider

Postby Abrk23 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:21 am

Two more quick questions, when I click my tournament session for a specific day, then say I want to edit the tournament, so I right click and go edit tournament, but instead of taking me to the specific tournament I have selected it sorts them by tournament number, rather then going to the selected one. Is this a new feature? I feel as though this has been implemented only in the latest pt4, is there a way to get around this?

Also, sometimes when I click get hands while playing I am getting a lot of duplicates, as far as I can tell this doesn't really matter but at the same time it shouldn't be happening, any thoughts?

Thanks
Abrk23

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:10 am

Abrk23 wrote:Two more quick questions, when I click my tournament session for a specific day, then say I want to edit the tournament, so I right click and go edit tournament, but instead of taking me to the specific tournament I have selected it sorts them by tournament number, rather then going to the selected one. Is this a new feature? I feel as though this has been implemented only in the latest pt4, is there a way to get around this?

A couple of reports don't work correctly in this regard, but that will be fixed in the next release. For now, please try another report (e.g. Statistics > Summary > Group by Tournament works OK) and that functionality should work fine.

Abrk23 wrote:Also, sometimes when I click get hands while playing I am getting a lot of duplicates, as far as I can tell this doesn't really matter but at the same time it shouldn't be happening, any thoughts?

Please review this tutorial.
WhiteRider

Previous

Return to PT4 for macOS