Cannot open the PT4

A special forum dedicated to our PT4 for Mac OS X users

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Cannot open the PT4

Postby daviddlg12 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:50 am

Hello, I just installed PT4 on my MAC OS and I accept the free trial but it doesn't open, how can I open it and start using it?
daviddlg12

Re: Cannot open the PT4

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:50 am

Restart your computer and then do this:

Open the Security & Privacy window in System Preferences.
Choose Accessibility on the left.
Click the lock in the bottom left to make changes, if required.
Select PokerTracker 4 and click the "-" (minus) below to remove the permission.

Then try starting PokerTracker 4 again. If that doesn't change anything please press/hold the 'Alt/Option' key while starting PokerTracker 4 to enable logging, reproduce the issue and then attach your log file to a Support Ticket:

\Users\{Mac Login}\Library\Application Support\PokerTracker 4\Logs\PokerTracker4.log
Flag_Hippo

Postby germankid » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:57 am

Hey,
I have the same problem on Mac M1. I just bought the omaha PT4 version, inserted my key and the program won't load or show any window at all. I have tried to re-do the accessibility setting and already tried holding "Alt" or "Cmd" while opening which both doesn't create a support ticket in the "Application Support" folder.
germankid

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:01 pm

germankid wrote:I have the same problem on Mac M1. I just bought the omaha PT4 version, inserted my key and the program won't load or show any window at all. I have tried to re-do the accessibility setting and already tried holding "Alt" or "Cmd" while opening which both doesn't create a support ticket in the "Application Support" folder.

It's the log file that would get created and not the Support Ticket which you need to create yourself by clicking on that link or via the 'Support' link at the top of this page. The file we need is a text file called 'PokerTracker4.log:

\Users\{Mac Login}\Library\Application Support\PokerTracker 4\Logs\PokerTracker4.log

Whether you have the log file or not please open a Support Ticket where a technician can give you further assistance.
Flag_Hippo

Postby germankid » Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:05 pm

Yes sorry, I meant to say log file not support ticket! I can't find that in the application support folder. I have opened a support ticket already, but no reply till now.
germankid

Return to PT4 for macOS