PostreSQL and macOs 13 Ventura

A special forum dedicated to our PT4 for Mac OS X users

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

PostreSQL and macOs 13 Ventura

Postby Dip Seb » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:38 am

I had to reinstall all my Mac, and know I have problem with PostreSQL.

Do you know which version is better on Ventura and how manage the problems of installation?

TY
Dip Seb

Re: PostreSQL and macOs 13 Ventura

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:25 am

The newest versions of PostgreSQL haven't been tested extensively with PokerTracker 4 so at this time I'd recommend downloading and installing PostgreSQL v12 from here. Using a Mac administrator account or administrative privileges install that PostgreSQL and for the password boxes use "dbpass" (no quotes) which is what PokerTracker 4 uses by default.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Dip Seb » Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:36 am

It's ont the first time that I have to install PT4 and so PostgreSQL but this time seems complicated.

It seems to me that I idon't have to install all the 4 lines in the window "component selection".

And may be my problem is that the postgreSQL user is not created.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2023-01-27 at 13.31.54 PM.png
Dip Seb

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:20 pm

Just leave things at default for now. At the end of the PostgreSQL install it will say whether it installed successfully or not. If the PostgreSQL installer says it did not complete successfully then follow the steps posted here for a clean install before trying the v12 installer again. If that doesn't work please open a Support Ticket where a technician can give you further assistance.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PT4 for macOS