Sharing database between mac and PC

A special forum dedicated to our PT4 for Mac OS X users

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Sharing database between mac and PC

Postby brimstead » Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:06 am

Hi,

I'd like to share my databse across my Macbook and windows PC. I understand how I can setup shared files on Google Drive to sync hand histories, however I don't know how to get my current databse from my Macbook onto my PC. I've been into Users>[me]>documents>poker tracker 4> processed but it is empty. What else could I try?
brimstead

Re: Sharing database between mac and PC

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:33 pm

brimstead wrote:I'd like to share my databse across my Macbook and windows PC. I understand how I can setup shared files on Google Drive to sync hand histories, however I don't know how to get my current databse from my Macbook onto my PC. I've been into Users>[me]>documents>poker tracker 4> processed but it is empty. What else could I try?

The database is stored in PostgreSQL so you can back that information up on the Mac and then restore it on a Windows install:

Guide: Backup & Restore

brimstead wrote:I've been into Users>[me]>documents>poker tracker 4> processed but it is empty. What else could I try?

If you want to import from the original hand histories again instead of using backup/restore then the hands should be there. Note that this applies only to hands that are auto-imported ('Play Poker -> Get Hands While Playing') and not manually imported hands ('Play Poker -> Get Hands From Disk'):

Guide: Processed Files

If the folder is empty then check to see if you have changed the folder to which the files are archived via 'Configure -> Site & Import Options -> Preferences'. Also if you've setup Google Drive to sync the files elsewhere then they are not going to be in the 'Processed' folder anyway.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PT4 for macOS