i cant open the system.
how can i fix it?
Please Help.

Thanks and Regards,
Endo
frem90

Re: I cant open the system in Macos Ventura

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:25 am

1. Open the Security & Privacy window in System Preferences. Choose Accessibility on the left.

2. Click the lock in the bottom left to make changes, if required.

3. Select PokerTracker 4 and click the "-" (minus) below to remove the permission.

When you run PokerTracker4 again it should re-request the permission and then start up.

If you still have trouble starting up after that you could also try removing the permissions for 'Screen Recording', 'Automation', and 'Files and Folders'.

Remove all of those (and Accessiblity again), restart your computer then try PokerTracker 4 again.
Flag_Hippo

Postby JoeDokes46 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:23 pm

I have the same problem, and hoped the remedy I found here would work. No dice. I performed the procedure twice, and rebooted afterwards. If I can't get this sorted out soon I'm asking for a refund. This is ridiculous.
JoeDokes46

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:05 am

With PokerTracker4 closed open this file using TextEdit:

~/library/Application Support/PokerTracker 4/Config/GuiSettings.cfg

Scroll to the end and you should see:

[General]
RequestedPermissions=Y

Change "=Y" to "=N" and save your changes. This will tell PokerTracker 4 to re-request all of its permissions.

If not try removing PokerTracker 4 from all of the Privacy & Security permissions it has. Make sure to remove the permission by selecting PokerTracker 4 and clicking the minus button (do not just disable it). There are 5 sections within Privacy & Security where you should see it:

Accessibility
Files & Folders
Screen Recording
Automation (as far as I know isn't possible to remove the permission here, so don't worry about that if you can't)
App Management (this is only required if you play at PokerStars and have the Zoom Hud enabled, so you may not see it)

Run PokerTracker 4 again. It should now ask you to allow the permissions. Click OK to allow access to the Documents and Download folders. For the ones that offer to open system settings click that and enable the permission. When you enable the first permission it will show you two messages - one is PokerTracker 4 asking for the next permission and the other is the privacy settings asking to quit & reopen PokerTracker 4. Click Quit & Reopen first, and then enable the other permission(s). That should allow PokerTracker 4 to start up. If not reboot then press/hold the "Alt/Option" key while starting PokerTracker 4 to enable logging and then attach this file to a Support Ticket:

\Users\{Mac Login}\Library\Application Support\PokerTracker 4\Logs\PokerTracker4.log
Flag_Hippo

Postby JoeDokes46 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:26 am

Just tried this one:
~/library/Application Support/PokerTracker 4/Config/GuiSettings.cfg
There was no PokerTracker 4 folder to be found. Can this be the problem?
sam
JoeDokes46

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:28 am

If the file is not there can you please try removing PokerTracker 4 from all of the Privacy & Security permissions it has. Make sure to remove the permission by selecting PokerTracker 4 and clicking the minus button (do not just disable it). There are 5 sections within Privacy & Security where you should see it:

Accessibility
Files & Folders
Screen Recording
Automation (as far as I know isn't possible to remove the permission here, so don't worry about that if you can't)
App Management (this is only required if you play at PokerStars and have the Zoom Hud enabled, so you may not see it)

Run PokerTracker 4 again. It should now ask you to allow the permissions. Click OK to allow access to the Documents and Download folders. For the ones that offer to open system settings click that and enable the permission. When you enable the first permission it will show you two messages - one is PokerTracker 4 asking for the next permission and the other is the privacy settings asking to quit & reopen PokerTracker 4. Click Quit & Reopen first, and then enable the other permission(s). That should allow PokerTracker 4 to start up. If not then please open a Support Ticket where a technician can assist you further.
Flag_Hippo

Postby JoeDokes46 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:03 pm

Followed the instructions, but the software kept hanging up. So I "uninstalled" the software using CleanMyMac X, downloaded and reinstalled a fresh version of the software, but when I tried to register I got an error message saying your server could not be contacted, and the problem was likely a virus protection program. However, I'm not running anti-virus software. What next?
JoeDokes46

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:55 am

Please reboot then press/hold the "Alt/Option" key while starting PokerTracker 4 to enable logging, try to register PokerTracker 4 and then attach this file to a Support Ticket where a technician can review your log file and advise you accordingly:

\Users\{Mac Login}\Library\Application Support\PokerTracker 4\Logs\PokerTracker4.log
Flag_Hippo

Return to PT4 for macOS