Auto Notes Import/Export

Discuss and learn how to use TableTracker for table selection and NoteTracker for taking automated notes.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Auto Notes Import/Export

Postby Bill_Balas » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:57 pm

Hello,

is it possible to export & import multiple Auto Notes simultaneously?

Thanks
Bill_Balas

Re: Auto Notes Import/Export

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:06 am

This is not possible. If you are looking to transfer an exact copy of your NoteTracker definitions from one computer to another then you can select the "File -> Open User Data Folder" in PokerTracker 4. Next go into the Data subfolder and you can copy your NoteTrackerRules.pt4 and NoteTrackerRules.pt4backup files. This method will overwrite any existing definitions on the second computer so if you have different NoteTracker rules on two computers that you wanted to merge then you would instead need to export/import notes individually as required.

- Rob
Flag_Hippo

Postby Bill_Balas » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:32 am

I meant the Auto-notes themselves. Should I understand that If I copy these 2 files (NoteTrackerRules.pt4 and NoteTrackerRules.pt4backup) to a new computer, my (say) 159 Auto-Notes will be on this new computer?

On a different situation, If I meant to copy/paste (duplicate) 100 Auto-notes from & onto 1 same computer in order to edit them afterwards (sparing the time of recreating part of the filters witch are common to the original Auto-notes), whould that be possible?

Thanks
Bill_Balas

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:09 pm

If you copy those files it will transfer the 159 auto notes from computer A to computer B (overwriting the auto notes on computer B so backup existing files/export auto notes if required first). While this transfers the definitions of those auto notes it does not transfer the notes on the players/hands themselves so you would need to process those 159 auto notes on computer B so you get the notes in your HUD. Also while I mentioned earlier you cannot export multiple notes at once it is possible to import multiple notes at once by shift-clicking or ctrl-clicking the required files in the chooser window when importing.

Bill_Balas wrote:On a different situation, If I meant to copy/paste (duplicate) 100 Auto-notes from & onto 1 same computer in order to edit them afterwards (sparing the time of recreating part of the filters witch are common to the original Auto-notes), whould that be possible?

I am not sure exactly what you mean here. If you have commonly used filters then I would recommend saving them as quick filters which you can then load as required in future.

Guide: Quick Filters

- Rob
Flag_Hippo

Return to TableTracker & NoteTracker