How to use the MIN function?

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

How to use the MIN function?

Postby cesko » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:05 am

Hi,

I am trying to build my own "effective stack" statistic; I am working on a definition like this:

example: effective stack in 3bp
the minimum stack between hero and the player who did 3bet

(this is different from the built-in stat because in the built in one, the effective stack is written when hero raises first in, and it could be different after hero get 3betted and we play against only one opponent, not the whole table anymore)

now, I [believe I] have all the pieces worked out, I just cannot find a way to say "select the minimum between hero's stack and villain's stack"; I always get syntax error.

I also tried some very simple expression using MIN function just to check the syntax, but there is no way I can make it work.
So my question is: can somebody provide any working example of a column using the MIN or MAx function? so I can see how it works.

Thanks

PS. I am referring to the functions MIN and MAX described at the very bottom of this page:
https://www.pokertracker.com/guides/PT3 ... tics-guide
which is written for PT3 but should be compatible with PT4.
cesko

Re: How to use the MIN function?

Postby BillGatesIII » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:35 am

The min(a, b) and max(a, b) functions can only be used in statistics, not in columns.
minmax.png
min(a, b) and max(a, b)
BillGatesIII

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles