All-in equity graph MW pots

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

All-in equity graph MW pots

Postby swisspoker » Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:54 am

Hey guys

I have seen this article about EV grpahs on your site. https://www.pokertracker.com/guides/PT4 ... ity-graphs

So does it mean; as soon as multipe players are all-in and don't have the exact same stack, the calculation doesn't work anymore which will result in a faulty graph for MW all-in situations?

Thanks in advance.
swisspoker

Re: All-in equity graph MW pots

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:58 pm

swisspoker wrote:So does it mean; as soon as multipe players are all-in and don't have the exact same stack, the calculation doesn't work anymore

That's not correct. For example if the all of the players mentioned at the end of the guide were all-in on the same street then it doesn't matter if their stack sizes are not the same and all-in equity can be calculated in that case. All-in equity is calculated in all hands except those where there was further action on another street after an all-in or if a player calls an all-in and then subsequently folds (these situations can only occur in multiway hands with uneven stack sizes).
Flag_Hippo

Postby swisspoker » Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:17 pm

Hey guys

I'm confused.. Why does this hand as -48bb/100 EV?

Thought it's only when there are more actions postflop..
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-06-15 201636.png
swisspoker

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:38 am

I covered that at the end of my original reply:
Flag_Hippo wrote:or if a player calls an all-in and then subsequently folds (these situations can only occur in multiway hands with uneven stack sizes).

In your example UTG+1 is all-in, MP+1 calls that all-in and then they fold to further action.
Flag_Hippo

Postby swisspoker » Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:43 pm

Alright I just don't really understand why it's not possible to calculate the EV in this case.

Is it because there are these extra 3.3bb that came from another player?
swisspoker

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:49 am

Whenever one player is all-in in a multi-way pot if any player in the main (all-in) pot later folds adjusted equity is not calculated. Attempting to calculate when unknown but folded cards already called the all-in introduces a bias in the results.
Flag_Hippo

Postby swisspoker » Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:00 am

Alright, thanks!
swisspoker

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles