Average Coldcallingrange of Fish

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Average Coldcallingrange of Fish

Postby friidayy » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:52 am

Hello, I want to determine the average coldcallingrange of fishes. I use the range report in the my reports tab and use the following filters: not hero & cold called preflop. How can I additionally filter for players that have a vpip greater than, lets say, 35? I already tried to use expression filter with #VPIP#>35, but it does not work. Another question I have is, how can I look at the coldcalling hands of my opponents? When I use the hand report tab with the same filter, I can not see any hands, because I filtered for not hero and the tab seems to show only hero hands. Thank you.
friidayy

Re: Average Coldcallingrange of Fish

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:58 am

friidayy wrote:Hello, I want to determine the average coldcallingrange of fishes. I use the range report in the my reports tab and use the following filters: not hero & cold called preflop. How can I additionally filter for players that have a vpip greater than, lets say, 35? I already tried to use expression filter with #VPIP#>35, but it does not work.

A simple expression filter like that will not work if you've removed the 'Player' grouping statistic from the report to analyse population data and you will need an expression filter that uses a subquery:

Code: Select all
player.id_player in (SELECT p.id_player from player p, cash_cache cc where p.id_player = cc.id_player group by p.id_player HAVING (( sum(cc.cnt_vpip) / (sum(cc.cnt_hands) - sum(cc.cnt_walks)) > .35)))

That example is for a VPIP above 35 percent but the same principle can be applied to filter for other statistics. For more on how SELECT works see here. For a tournament report just substitute 'cash' with 'tourney'. Bear in mind that filters like this can generate a lot of PostgreSQL processing so can take a while to complete if you have a large database and/or your database is not on an SSD. Furthermore if built-in filters are also being used then you might not get any results at all.
friidayy wrote:Another question I have is, how can I look at the coldcalling hands of my opponents? When I use the hand report tab with the same filter, I can not see any hands, because I filtered for not hero and the tab seems to show only hero hands.

Click the 'Filters' link, select 'Add New Expression Filters' and turn off the 'Filter on Active Player' option in the hand report or you can add the 'Hole Cards' statistic to the 'All Players' report.
Flag_Hippo

Postby friidayy » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:49 am

The query does take to much time, because of my large database. I canceled after 15 minutes. Is there a way to speed things up? Maybe by using additional conditions, e.g. only consider hands from 2022, or will the algorithm still loop over the whole database?
friidayy

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:33 pm

Try:

Code: Select all
cash_hand_player_statistics.date_played > '2022/01/01 00:00:00' and player.id_player in (SELECT p.id_player from player p, cash_cache cc where p.id_player = cc.id_player group by p.id_player HAVING (( sum(cc.cnt_vpip) / (sum(cc.cnt_hands) - sum(cc.cnt_walks)) > .35)))
Flag_Hippo

Postby friidayy » Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:36 pm

Unfortunately, it did not work =(
friidayy

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles