Stat not displaying efective stack size properly

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Stat not displaying efective stack size properly

Postby jalba » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:27 pm

I made a custom stack to display effective stack in BBs in a report. I noticed it didn't work as expected, so I further created a simple eff. stack size in chips to try to figure out the issue, as follows
Image Image

As you can see in the image of report the stat display 0 in many instances, but the effective stack size is clearly above this.

I would expect the first hand to show 50, the second 40, and so on according to these hand summaries.

Any ideas what is causing this and how to solve it, or maybe is a limitation from PT4 with short stacks?
jalba

Re: Stat not displaying efective stack size properly

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:07 am

I don't see any of your images. Try rebuilding your custom cache (Database -> Database Management -> Rebuild Cache -> Custom Cache Rebuild) otherwise please export your custom statistics, zip/compress them along with your screenshots and then attach the zip file here or privately in a Support Ticket with a link to this thread.
Flag_Hippo

Postby jalba » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:55 pm

This is the stat and column definition
Stat.png
Stat.png (7.36 KiB) Viewed 841 times
Column.png
Column.png (6.11 KiB) Viewed 841 times

The report not showing the stat properly. They all show 0. This happens whenever the effective stack size is less or equal than a BB.
Report.png
jalba

Postby jalba » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:04 pm

These is an example where report should show, 50 chips, but only shows 0. There are many hundreds like these. The stat works ok if the effective stack is over 1 BB.
1.png
1.png (6.38 KiB) Viewed 838 times
jalba

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:27 am

The effective stack for each player in PokerTracker 4 is the amount a player can potentially lose in a pot as of their first action in a hand. Therefore in hands where the player doesn't have the opportunity to make a first action their effective stack will be zero e.g:

1. The player receives a walk in the BB.

2. A player is already all-in after posting antes and/or blinds.
Flag_Hippo

Postby NORMAN1986 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:21 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:The effective stack for each player in PokerTracker 4 is the amount a player can potentially lose in a pot as of their first action in a hand. Therefore in hands where the player doesn't have the opportunity to make a first action their effective stack will be zero e.g:

1. The player receives a walk in the BB.

2. A player is already all-in after posting antes and/or blinds.

Is there a way now to filter my hands by effective stack size but without excluding 1. walks in bb?
NORMAN1986

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:33 am

You can possibly build a filter to do that depending on exactly what you want to see. For example:

Code: Select all
(Effective Stack Size Big Blinds Between 150 and 200) OR (Effective Stack Size Big Blinds Between 0 and 0)

(Effective Stack Size Big Blinds Between 150 and 200) OR ((Actual Stack Size Big Blinds Between 150 and 200) AND (Effective Stack Size Big Blinds Between 0 and 0))

Guide: Filters
Flag_Hippo

Postby NORMAN1986 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:46 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:You can possibly build a filter to do that depending on exactly what you want to see. For example:

(Effective Stack Size Big Blinds Between 150 and 200) OR (Effective Stack Size Big Blinds Between 0 and 0)

(Effective Stack Size Big Blinds Between 150 and 200) OR ((Actual Stack Size Big Blinds Between 150 and 200) AND (Effective Stack Size Big Blinds Between 0 and 0))

Guide: Filters

i tried but it doesn't work :(
NORMAN1986

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:15 am

I am going to need a bit more information than that. How exactly is it not working for you?
Flag_Hippo

Postby NORMAN1986 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:46 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:I am going to need a bit more information than that. How exactly is it not working for you?

1st and 2nd pic: your filters: doesn't works too.
3rd pic: the normal filter, it should work noamally but no....

il's a sample of my Hu hands versus regs. So normally between 4 and 6bb effective stack i should be practicaly even in chips
Attachments
second moderator filter.PNG
first filter moderator.PNG
effedtif 4-6bb.PNG
NORMAN1986

Next

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles