Tournament leak tracker

Let us know what features not currently in the PT4 should be added.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Tournament leak tracker

Postby PTPlayer64 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:09 am

Hi,

I play mostly tournaments, but I've just discovered the leak tracker feature in the cash game section of PT4.

Two questions:

1) Is there a way I can convert my entire hand history from tourneys into psuedo cash game hands so I can use the leak tracker feature on them?

2) If not can you add a tourney leak tracker feature?

I appreciate the two games are different and I'd have to be carfeful how I interpreted the results for (1) above, but I think it would be usefull to see how I was playing at the beginning of a tourney with low blinds etc when it has many similarities to a cash game, and then again when we are down to 6 max (though I apprecaite that high blinds now make it more difficult to interpret a straight cash game analysis)

Thanks
PTPlayer64

Re: Tournament leak tracker

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:10 am

The problem with that is that you can't take each hand in isolation in a tournament - it very much depends on the situation and state of the tournament. Defining "best" ranges for stats in such widely varying circumstances just isn't possible.
WhiteRider

Postby PTPlayer64 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:38 am

Hmmm...

I understand your point but there must be some way of categorizing tourney hands (by blind level and/or no. of players left for instance) that would provide useful information. But I'm pretty new to poker stats so maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree.

Thanks for your reply anyway.
PTPlayer64

Postby Smart Piggy » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:04 pm

Hello,
I subscribe to PTPlayer64's point. I bought PT4 partly because of the leak tracker. I play mainly tournaments, and wasn't aware at purchase that the leak tracker was designed for cash game only. :shock:
Please PT4 team, you have to find a way to detect leaks in your customers tournament play, and to display them in a useful way.
We trust you!
Smart Piggy

Postby Agk147 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:01 pm

Good Evening Everyone,

I was also trying to find the leak tracker analysis for myself as I play mostly MTT's but I have recently started to play cash now for some bankroll benefits.

I love the idea of the Leak Tracker function as I think it could be an awesome way to look at your stats overall say on a weekly basis etc I would be grateful to the Poker Tracker Team if they could please consider adding this function in any coming updates if possible as I feel it would help the studying of my game massively.

Thank You very much.

Alistair
Agk147

Postby YashN » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:52 am

Stats Summary grouped by Position gives a very decent LeakTracker. Combine this further with custom Quick Filters and you have a great basis for doing just that.

What we'd really need though is to be able to internally compare stats for two different Periods and display the difference. The use case is Leakfinding, then plugging leaks, then doing stats again to see if we've improved.
YashN

Postby waltonjb » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:01 am

I get this from the theory perspective, definitely wouldn't want to mix the two, and things one does in the beginning and end of a tournament are different than all the time in cash games.

But, I can't help but wonder from a statistical methods perspective if there could be a control variable applied.

Like would controlling for number of steps/length of steps matter from the ideal cash play per position?

I'm thinking of a patience factor versus M factor, maybe, that is applied to ranges and positions.

Not something deficient in PT really but maybe if there were a decent theory about the difference it could be approximated in the stats.
waltonjb

Return to PT4 Feature Requests