Feature Reuest stats vs Hero like HM2

Let us know what features not currently in the PT4 should be added.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Re: Feature Reuest stats vs Hero like HM2

Postby kraada » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:30 pm

Positional and vs positional stats in a vs Hero format would result in a negligible sample - you would need tens of thousands of hands in order to get a useful sample, by which the dynamics with your opponent have certainly changed.
kraada

Postby friidayy » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:39 pm

What about my problem with notetracker and the hero question?
friidayy

Postby kraada » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:48 pm

I'm looking into that. That filter was specifically added with the intention of allowing vs Hero notes and should be working the way you envision. I can confirm that the filter looks like it is working on the correct value so it's possible there's an issue in the Opponent filtering, I just don't know yet.
kraada

Postby sym25 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:35 am

+1 Add 'vs Hero' stats. I can decide myself use it or not.
sym25

Postby friidayy » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:00 am

Hey Kraada,

Do you knwo something new about my problem with Notetracker?
I just overflew the new update-fixes but cant find anything.

I did not test the new version yet.
Before I made tests, why my note do not work corecctly. I'm pretty much sure, that the programm cant realize who Hero is.
It creats the note even I'm not in the hand vs other players.
The only similarity is that I'm sitting on the table.
friidayy

Postby kraada » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:46 am

I've investigated and there is a known issue with the Opponent section at this time, which I hope we will be able to fix before too long.
kraada

Postby trylobit » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:42 am

sym25 wrote:+1 Add 'vs Hero' stats. I can decide myself use it or not.

+1

I want to move from HM to PT4, as Iam a Mac user and emulating windows just for poker is inconvenient, but vs hero stats may change my mind. I don't know yet if it's good or not players are divided. The most important thing is to give your customers a choice, don't try to be my father and tell me what to do. It's a tool and more complex it is the better.

Best reagrds.
Hopefully soon to be your customer:)
Trylobit
trylobit

Postby SarahSugar » Sun May 06, 2012 12:06 am

kraada wrote:We will write a blog post that will go into this in further depth.

Just to give you a taste: "3Bet Preflop" by itself would not be a good stat to use as vs Hero even if it were available. Imagine you play 100 hands against a good, aggressive opponent. At that table, he was to your immediate left, so when you were on the cutoff, he had the button. He 3bet your cutoff opens liberally.

Now the next time you see him, you're across the table from him.

If he's truly a good player he's not going to be 3betting you the same percentage from across the table as he was when he was to your immediate left - your opening ranges will be different and thus his 3betting ranges will be different as well. (Note: if he doesn't adjust here, he won't adjust at all and you can then use his regular 3Bet numbers and vs Hero stats still wouldn't help you!)

I would like you to elaborate on the usefulness by using confidence intervals and levels and maybe also back it up with an hypothesis test.
That would be great, cheers.
If the outcome is that they are really useless, thumbs up :)
SarahSugar

Postby ShotShot » Thu May 24, 2012 2:43 pm

kraada wrote:We will write a blog post that will go into this in further depth.

Just to give you a taste: "3Bet Preflop" by itself would not be a good stat to use as vs Hero even if it were available. Imagine you play 100 hands against a good, aggressive opponent. At that table, he was to your immediate left, so when you were on the cutoff, he had the button. He 3bet your cutoff opens liberally.

Now the next time you see him, you're across the table from him.

If he's truly a good player he's not going to be 3betting you the same percentage from across the table as he was when he was to your immediate left - your opening ranges will be different and thus his 3betting ranges will be different as well. (Note: if he doesn't adjust here, he won't adjust at all and you can then use his regular 3Bet numbers and vs Hero stats still wouldn't help you!)

This argument doesn't hold in zoom since positions at the table are random for every hand.
I would really like to have the option to have vs hero stats. There are a lot of stats in any tracking programme that if used incorrectly do more harm than good.
ShotShot

Postby kraada » Thu May 24, 2012 3:54 pm

It still holds true for Zoom - if you have 10 hands vs one opponent it's possible he could have been in position relative to you all 10 times and that his 3bet range is going to be different if you're in position against him as opposed to out of position.
kraada

PreviousNext

Return to PT4 Feature Requests