ICM Quiz Bug & Potential improvement request

Let us know what features not currently in the PT4 should be added.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

ICM Quiz Bug & Potential improvement request

Postby matektrooper » Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:45 pm

Hi,
I've recently discovered that PT4 has an ICM Quiz. Nice surprise!

I tried to create a custom setup for PokerStars Spin&Go. That has turned out not to be easy, as editing the tournament structure using the GUI doesn't really work well (at least not on Mac), but I did manage to do it by editing the config file by myself.

Still, there's one bug I'm experiencing, and one feature that I'm lacking.

1. [BUG] The Quiz doesn't work properly when the stack sizes are <1BB (or 2BB, not sure).
Initial stack size per player is 500 in Pokerstars Spin&Go, and when I set the blinds to be 300/600, it just doesn't work properly. It picks some random stack sizes and doesn't hold on the total chip pool being 1500. Not sure what's up with that.
Can you please try fixing this?

2. [FEATURE LACKING] There's no way to edit the blind levels, add new ones, delete other ones, or change the existing ones.
I'd ideally like to set the blind level to "random", but that will trigger the bug mentioned above, and additionally some of the levels available are not actually existing in the PokerStars Spin&Go, and the other blind levels that do exist there are not available in PT4. I did investigate that and it seems the blind levels are hardcoded in the APP. I don't want to go that far and try editing the actual executable as I'm pretty sure that will not work well.
Could you please put the blind levels available for the ICM Quiz in the config file? Obviously the ultimate goal is to make that editable through the GUI, but I'd be fine with editing the config file at that point, just in order to have the flexibility to change them.

Thanks
matektrooper

Re: ICM Quiz Bug & Potential improvement request

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:55 am

matektrooper wrote:1. [BUG] The Quiz doesn't work properly when the stack sizes are <1BB (or 2BB, not sure).
Initial stack size per player is 500 in Pokerstars Spin&Go, and when I set the blinds to be 300/600, it just doesn't work properly. It picks some random stack sizes and doesn't hold on the total chip pool being 1500. Not sure what's up with that.
Can you please try fixing this?

Can you please report this to us in a Support Ticket with a sample of your hand history files so we can follow up on that with you.
matektrooper wrote:2. [FEATURE LACKING] There's no way to edit the blind levels, add new ones, delete other ones, or change the existing ones.
I'd ideally like to set the blind level to "random", but that will trigger the bug mentioned above, and additionally some of the levels available are not actually existing in the PokerStars Spin&Go, and the other blind levels that do exist there are not available in PT4. I did investigate that and it seems the blind levels are hardcoded in the APP. I don't want to go that far and try editing the actual executable as I'm pretty sure that will not work well.
Could you please put the blind levels available for the ICM Quiz in the config file? Obviously the ultimate goal is to make that editable through the GUI, but I'd be fine with editing the config file at that point, just in order to have the flexibility to change them.

Thank you for your suggestion. I'll pass that on and I've also moved this thread to the feature request forum. You can also mention this request in your ticket.
Flag_Hippo

Postby matektrooper » Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:34 pm

Thanks for the reply! I agree the feature request forum is a better place for it.

One follow-up quesion regarding point 1. though. How is my hand history related to the fact that the quiz is not working properly? I thought the quiz has nothing to do with my hand history.

The tournament I've set up looks like the following in the config file
Code: Select all
<t NAME="PokerStars Spin And Go" RULES="entrants='3';starting_chips='500';" TABLES="1" SEATS="3" SPEED="H" FLAGS="SNG|LOTTERY">100.00%</t>

The error should be easily reproducible when you start a quiz with this kind of tournament config and a blinds of 300/600. It doesn't work properly right away - the stacks don't sum up to 1500. If you choose 25/50 on the other hand, you'll be able to see it works just fine.
matektrooper

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:26 am

If it doesn't require the hand histories then just send the steps to reproduce in a Support Ticket. Thank you.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PT4 Feature Requests