Import appears stuck, status display would be useful

Let us know what features not currently in the PT4 should be added.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Import appears stuck, status display would be useful

Postby Klaxon » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:47 pm

Hi, I'm trying out the beta and liking it so far. I have a problem when importing a large number of hand histories, about a million. Everything went smoothly at about 45 hands per second, but when the status bar is nearly at the end, the time stops updating and it appears that nothing is happening. I thought maybe it had gotten stuck, but the application hasn't frozen or anything. Then I checked the log and saw that the import is finished and the database is "reindexing" and "beginning vacuum", so I guess it is still working. The timer has been stuck at "15 min remaining" for about 45 minutes however.

Could you add messages to the import tab to describe what the current stage of importing is? Also updating the time would be useful. The only hint anything is happening is the green bar keeps animating and checking the text logs. Also is it normal for the database to take this long after the import is done? I could stop the import, but I was afraid I would lose everything and it's taken all day to import.

Thanks
Klaxon

Re: Import appears stuck, status display would be useful

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:02 am

FWIW I agree it would be useful to have more detail about the stage of housekeeping - I will remind the development team about this and see what can be done.
WhiteRider

Re: Import appears stuck, status display would be useful

Postby czglory » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:56 am

WhiteRider wrote:FWIW I agree it would be useful to have more detail about the stage of housekeeping - I will remind the development team about this and see what can be done.

I just did a full vacuum which took about 5 minutes, and I have been reindexing for over 40 minutes now and found this thread on google. Hopefully the developers will get around to adding more information on the display soon, I could use more than elapsed time / estimated unknown . Considering force quitting...
czglory

Return to PT4 Feature Requests