hotkeys disabled

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Re: hotkeys disabled

Postby desperate dan » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:18 pm

WhiteRider wrote:
desperate dan wrote:
WhiteRider wrote:Yes, that's the one. You need to configure PokerStars to run as administrator manually - PT4 does that automatically.

I think you misunderstand my post. I have configured Pokerstars to run as administrator manually. The UAC pop-up occurs whenever I open PT4, even when Pokerstars is not running.

Yes, that is expected.
However, you also need to see the UAC message when you run PokerStars. If you're not seeing that then it isn't configured to run as administrator correctly.

It is configured correctly as far as I can tell. The "run as adminstrator" check box is checked and confirmed. Not sure what else I can do.
desperate dan

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:43 pm

If you right click the shortcut that you use to launch PokerStars and choose Run As Administrator do you see the UAC message? If so, do your hotkeys work when it is run like that?
WhiteRider

Postby desperate dan » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:09 pm

WhiteRider wrote:If you right click the shortcut that you use to launch PokerStars and choose Run As Administrator do you see the UAC message? If so, do your hotkeys work when it is run like that?

Yes, I see the message. And yes, the hotkeys work that way.
desperate dan

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:35 am

Great - thanks for confirming. I'm not sure why how you've configured it isn't working, but make sure that 'Run as administrator' is enabled in the properties for that shortcut (right click > Properties > Shortcut > Advanced) and that should do the same thing.
WhiteRider

Previous

Return to PokerTracker 4