Tournament bought-in by ticket & results

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Tournament bought-in by ticket & results

Postby Hornagold » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:58 am

Hello,

I played some tournaments for which I have been granted tickets as buy-in. I noticed that PT4 considers the amount of the BI for calculating results/stats as if I had paid it but it's not the case. How could I configure PT4 so that it takes tickets into account and, thus, doesn't take the amount of the buy-in in the results as it was "free"?

I saw a ticket option when editing tournament settings but I guess that's to say PT4 that I won a ticket as price pool of a tournament, not saying I bought-in with a ticket.
Hornagold

Re: Tournament bought-in by ticket & results

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:05 am

You can change the buy-in/fee of the tournament to zero to reflect that.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Hornagold » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:37 am

Thanks for your help.

Sure I can force BI to 0 but, then, the tournament would be considered a Freeroll and I would be unable to filter correctly and so on... A "Entry by ticket" check-box would be very nice in the tournament details :-)
Hornagold

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:09 pm

Thank you for your suggestion and I'll pass that on for you to the development team.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Hornagold » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:24 am

PT4 is the Nuts poker tracker software!.

I also took some notes with ideas of improvements and feature request I would find useful while using PT4. What would be the best way to submit to the dev team?
Hornagold

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:28 pm

You can let us know in a Support Ticket and if any of those requests are already in our system we can link your email address to them - this adds weight to the request and allows us to automatically notify you if any changes are made.
Flag_Hippo

Postby trgoodwin » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:53 am

Has there been any evolution in the last 5 years to handling tournament entries made with tickets?

Rather than forcing the buyin and fees to zero and messing with the game filtering,
I've been adding the free buyin amount to the prize of every tournament, to net out the right amounts?
Any issue this could cause that i'm not seeing?
trgoodwin

Postby trgoodwin » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:14 pm

trgoodwin wrote:Has there been any evolution in the last 5 years to handling tournament entries made with tickets?

Rather than forcing the buyin and fees to zero and messing with the game filtering,
I've been adding the free buyin amount to the prize of every tournament, to net out the right amounts?

scratch that. it messes with ITM% and ROI quite badly.
trgoodwin

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:29 pm

trgoodwin wrote:Has there been any evolution in the last 5 years to handling tournament entries made with tickets?

There haven't been any changes but if your tickets have been won in a satellite tournament then any profit recorded there would then get offset by the entry into the target tournament.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4