How to move PostgreSQL data directory?

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

How to move PostgreSQL data directory?

Postby hagaic » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:05 pm

I found that PostgreSQL data directory is eating up my disk on my main partition.
I want to move it to the other partiotion where there is more space available.
I'm using Windows XP.

I tried to follow some instructions I googled, changing some registry key affecting some system property of the PostgreSQL service, but it didn't find the data after that.
I also tried instructions on how to create a symbilic link, but didn't find anything clear on Windows XP.

Would appreciate any help.
hagaic

Re: How to move PostgreSQL data directory?

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:26 pm

Have you reconnected again to your database with the original configuration? I would recommend backing up your poker data using PokerTracker 4, uninstalling PostgreSQL and reinstalling it to your other drive where you can then restore your data via PokerTracker 4. We have guides for reinstalling PostgreSQL here.
Flag_Hippo

Re: How to move PostgreSQL data directory?

Postby hagaic » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:00 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:Have you reconnected again to your database with the original configuration? I would recommend backing up your poker data using PokerTracker 4, uninstalling PostgreSQL and reinstalling it to your other drive where you can then restore your data via PokerTracker 4. We have guides for reinstalling PostgreSQL here.

OK, I eventually solved it by reinstalling.
hagaic

Return to PokerTracker 4