Resolution Issue, Text too Big

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Resolution Issue, Text too Big

Postby setherson2 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:32 pm

I just got a new laptop with high resolution (3000x2000) and I'm trying to get it set up with my HUD. But, even when I make the text as small as I can, it's still huge and covering too much space. I don't really want to reduce the resolution because it makes everything else cover too much screen space. Any way to fix this?

setherson2

Re: Resolution Issue, Text too Big

Postby kraada » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:43 pm

It appears you have enabled Windows Magnification and this is what is causing your HUD to appear so large. PT4 does not support Windows Mangnification and you will need to disable it for the HUD to appear on your tables properly. To disable magnification, right click on your desktop and click Screen Resolution. In the window that appears click on the blue link that says "Make text and other items larger or smaller". In the screen that appears next choose "Smaller - 100%" and click OK and the HUD will then appear properly.
kraada

Postby Bharvey151 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:46 pm

Was this issue ever solved. I am having the same problem. I turned off my magnifier and that didn't solve the issue. My laptop is running 3840x2160 and my second monitor is running 1920x1080. I cant find anyway to fix this.
Attachments
PT4 to large.JPG
pic
Bharvey151

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:29 pm

Right-click your desktop and select "Display settings" and in the Windows that opens on the "Display" tab change the slider to 100% to see if that helps. If you do not want to change your overall display settings then you can right-click the shortcut used to run PokerStars, choose Properties and in the 'Compatibility' section turn on the 'Disable display scaling on high DPI settings' option. You will need to restart your PokerStars to make this setting take effect.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Bharvey151 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:55 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:Right-click your desktop and select "Display settings" and in the Windows that opens on the "Display" tab change the slider to 100% to see if that helps. If you do not want to change your overall display settings then you can right-click the shortcut used to run PokerStars, choose Properties and in the 'Compatibility' section turn on the 'Disable display scaling on high DPI settings' option. You will need to restart your PokerStars to make this setting take effect.

thank You very Much!! This helped. I was getting so frustrated. Thanks man!
Bharvey151

Postby maxde1 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:18 pm

im trying to do thgis and there is no compatibility section on my shortcut
the hud is unusable on my laptop
maxde1

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:41 pm

The HUD handles better in our latest version (v4.14.18) so please update if you have not already done so:

Download PokerTracker 4.

Should that not help please open a Support Ticket and tell us what version of Windows you have, what magnification you're using and what site(s) you play at so that we can resolve any remaining issues.
Flag_Hippo

Postby maxde1 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:47 pm

logged cheers
maxde1

Postby maxde1 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:02 am

no reply just yet
still an issue - i need to disable hud

its only an issue when i play on laptop but when i connect my two other monitors its ok
maxde1

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:39 am

You can stop the HUD after you start 'Get Hands While Playing' via the HUD menu, but there isn't an option to not have it start. You can disable your HUD for a specific site by unchecking "Get Hands From Site While Playing" via "Configure -> Sites & Import Options" or you could create a blank HUD and set that as required via HUD > Edit HUD Options > Profile Select (but then you would need to undo those changes if you were playing on your other monitors and want a HUD displayed again).
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4