Windows Repair Installation (Upgrade in Place)

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Windows Repair Installation (Upgrade in Place)

Postby AndyT » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:36 am

Since I had issues with my OS and needed to repair some corrupted files, I recently did an in-place upgrade using the original Windows 7 disk. This preserved all of my programs and settings, however a few programs no longer behave correctly, and postgre SQL was one of them. When i open Poker tracker it cant find the postgre SQL server even under default settings. I did backup my PT4 DB before the upgrade, so I do have a PT4 backup zip archive. What's the recommended solution here? I see that Postgre 9.3 is the optimal setup, so can I install Postgre 9.3 and restore from the backup? Thanks!

Error message was this:

Unable to login to database (postgres). Reason: could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host "???" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
AndyT

Re: Windows Repair Installation (Upgrade in Place)

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:57 am

You can follow this guide which walks you through how to fully uninstall and reinstall PostgreSQL 9.3. When PostgreSQL 9.3 is installed successfully you can go ahead and restore your backup file in PokerTracker 4 even if you had a different PostgreSQL version before.
Flag_Hippo

Re: Windows Repair Installation (Upgrade in Place)

Postby AndyT » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:16 pm

The restore took a while but worked perfectly.
AndyT

Return to PokerTracker 4