888 and PLO

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

888 and PLO

Postby brassnuts » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:56 pm

Are there known issues with importing 888 hands, specifically PLO? The HUD is appearing and disappearing all the time but only for certain players.

Also, the stats are totally off. The hud states a lot of players are raising in early position almost 100% of the time when this is definitely not true. The same is happening for a ton of stats. My VPIP in the hud is way higher than it is in reality.

I saw someone in the 888 thread on 2p2 mention something was wrong with PLO hh but nothing more was said.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I gring PLO at 888 almost every day.
brassnuts

Re: 888 and PLO

Postby kraada » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:22 am

I don't see any known issues in our system for 888 and PLO. Please restart PT4 using the logging enabled link on your Start Menu, reproduce this problem and then report it via our support system with the log file - that will help us figure out what is going on here and get it fixed for you. You can find that file by clicking File --> Show User Data Folder in the main PT4 window - the file we need is the text file called PokerTracker4 that is in that folder. If you could include the hand history file for a table that is showing problems that would be helpful as well.
kraada

Postby frost10 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:55 am

Hi Pokertracker

I have just started playing on 888 and I can see that I have the same issues as the user above. I have a lot more hands in the blinds compared to the other positions. Especially EP and MP are very low. It seems that some of the stats are affected by this. Have you identified the issue?

Kristian
frost10

Postby jaaluh » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:24 am

I have some problems too. The hud disappears sometimes, and I can't get the preferred seating to work. Or it works on some tables and then it doesn't on others. And it works on NLH tables just fine.
jaaluh

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:51 pm

Something worth checking as far as 888 is concerned whether it is writing valid hand histories to your computer and you can check this by viewing the hands in Notepad. Specifically you should check that your own hole cards are in the hand histories as there is an 888 bug we see sometimes where the Hero's down cards are not written to those files. We have seen a few examples of this and re-downloading and installing the 888 software should fix it and make it write valid hand histories. Sometimes the first reinstall doesn't fix it so you may need to repeat the process if the first reinstall still doesn't write the correct format of hand history.

Apart from that as kraada mentioned earlier there are no known issues like this in our system so what you would both need to do if your hands are not affected by this 888 bug is to restart PokerTracker 4 using the logging enabled link on your Start Menu, reproduce this problem and then report it via our support system with your log file. You can find that file by clicking "File --> Show User Data Folder" in the main PokerTracker 4 window - the file we need is the text file called PokerTracker4 that is in that folder.

- Rob
Flag_Hippo

Postby jaaluh » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:11 pm

I checked the hand histories, and as far as I can tell my cards are in the history. I did sen a log file earlier, it was more about preferred seating not working. But I have been playing some more now, and here is a few things that I noticed (not sure if this applies to only PLO, but thats what I was playing):

-The preferred seating doesn't work always. Sometimes it doesn't work at all, and sometimes the HUD stats show in correct place, but the mucked cards show in wrong place.

-HUD stats move around. I mean I move them under the player name, then they just move around a bit. It's not too serious, but I'm not resizing the window or anything. They just wont stay where I put them.

-As mentioned, the HUD disappears from some players. Usually when they fold preflop it goes away, and then it usually comes back the next hand. Maybe its working as intended? Although it doesn't happen with every player, so maybe not.

Hard to describe everything, it's just feels kinda bugged. I played on Full tilt earlier, and the HUD was rock solid without really any configuration.
jaaluh

Postby frost10 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:59 pm

I have just played 12 hands and they all seem to be imported into Pokertracker but in the stats only 8 hands appear. I do have a very old SQL database installed but I don't really think it is the issue. The hand histories written to my harddrive are correct. I have opened a support ticket.

I also have issues with the preferred seating and the HUD disappearing during hands.
frost10

Postby jaaluh » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:07 pm

Actually I'm not sure about the hand histories. It seems to only record my own cards when the hand goes to showdown. If I fold, and then replay the hand in poker tracker, I cant see my cards. Is this correct or wrong? I have tried to re install the 888 software, but maybe ill try that again.
jaaluh

Postby frost10 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:21 pm

I actually have the same problem - I don't appear in the hand when I replay it in Pokertracker. I will try to re-install the client.
frost10

Postby jaaluh » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:40 pm

Yeah, I just tried to install it, but no change. It does record the hole cards correctly for NLH, and the HUD seems to work there. For PLO it only records the cards if it goes to showdown. So that's probably the problem, no idea how to fix it though.
jaaluh

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4