HUD getting cut off visually at certain point on screen

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

HUD getting cut off visually at certain point on screen

Postby supersplitz » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:40 pm

Hi,

My HUD is getting cut off at a certain point on the screen. For example it works fine but when I move it to drag it over to underneath the player's name it hits a imaginary vertical wall and everything disappears after that...
Attachments
HUDIssue.png
supersplitz

Re: HUD getting cut off visually at certain point on screen

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:19 am

That will be because you have the display size set to something other than 100% magnification. This is in our system to be fixed, but in the meantime to work around this issue you can right-click the shortcut used to run your poker site and choose Properties and in the 'Compatibility' section turn on the 'Disable display scaling on high DPI settings' option. Restart your poker software to make this setting take effect.
Alternatively go to "Display" in Control Panel and set it back to 100% (although that will affect all of Windows of course).
WhiteRider

Postby supersplitz » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:08 am

Hi, there is no compatibility option/tab under properties. Where weould I find it?
Attachments
NoCompatibility.png
supersplitz

Postby supersplitz » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:36 am

I changed it on the installer and it worked but then when I went to start it from the shortcut it just created again it went back to normal. The only thing that works is if I start it from the installer everytime...
supersplitz

Postby kraada » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:48 am

Go to the Start Screen and type "Run Programs Made for Previous Versions of Windows" - click on it when it appears (it'll appear before you finish typing all that out). It'll search your computer for programs. If you see PokerStars in the list you can click it and click Next and then set it up. If not you'll have to choose Not Listed then click Next and browse to it. That will let you tweak the settings that are in the compatibility mode tab. It's a bit clunky but it should work.
kraada

Postby madsquare » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:27 am

I have this problem, however the solution did not do anything (see image).
problem occured to me after changing graphics cards, so uninstalled and reinstalled new, official graphics drivers, however that did nothing.
I also tried another solution from here https://www.pokertracker.com/forums/vie ... 4&p=362562 wich suggest to increase [Hud] CoverOverlap=1200, wich works partially. the problem is the HUD moves weird relative to the table anchor. that is, on the same HUD profile a table in the center will have very different placements than one on the edge (its a 3x2 layout). wich basically means I would need a different HUD layot for every table and manually change to layout 2, 3, 4 every time. so I abandoned that.
I just changed it in the windows options to 100%, and the HUD works now. however leaving it at that magnification sucks for other use and having to log off every time I change it sucks also.

so is there anything else I can try? maybe I applied one of the solutions incorrectly?
Attachments
properties.png
madsquare

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:59 am

madsquare wrote:I have this problem, however the solution did not do anything (see image).
problem occured to me after changing graphics cards, so uninstalled and reinstalled new, official graphics drivers, however that did nothing.
I also tried another solution from here https://www.pokertracker.com/forums/vie ... 4&p=362562 wich suggest to increase [Hud] CoverOverlap=1200, wich works partially. the problem is the HUD moves weird relative to the table anchor. that is, on the same HUD profile a table in the center will have very different placements than one on the edge (its a 3x2 layout). wich basically means I would need a different HUD layot for every table and manually change to layout 2, 3, 4 every time. so I abandoned that.
I just changed it in the windows options to 100%, and the HUD works now. however leaving it at that magnification sucks for other use and having to log off every time I change it sucks also.

so is there anything else I can try? maybe I applied one of the solutions incorrectly?

Please turn on 'Enable Logging' in PokerTracker 4 via 'Configure -> Options' and then restart PokerTracker 4. Next reproduce this issue and then attach your support bundle and screenshot to a Support Ticket with a link ot this thread. The support bundle is created via the 'File -> Create Support Bundle' menu option in PokerTracker 4.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4