PT4 for Mobile

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Re: PT4 for Mobile

Postby pt4pt4pt4 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:49 pm

don't know if this applies or can help you but have you thought about an external drive that contains the directories of your PT4 program files?

If not then what about just doing a backup to your portable USB Flash drive at work and then restore it when you get home. opposite when you leave home to go to work.

i can do a 500K database backup in about 5 mins (?)
pt4pt4pt4

Postby Parket » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:05 pm

Didn't realize it was work vs home. In that case a shared database on the network probably won't work for the simple reason that you won't be able to access the database at home from work or vice versa. Then you're indeed better off with what pt4³ is suggesting here.
Parket

Postby Liahim » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:15 am

Parket wrote:Didn't realize it was work vs home. In that case a shared database on the network probably won't work for the simple reason that you won't be able to access the database at home from work or vice versa. Then you're indeed better off with what pt4³ is suggesting here.

Yes, this will be a problem since I will not be able to keep my work machine opened when I'm at home.

pt4pt4pt4 wrote:If not then what about just doing a backup to your portable USB Flash drive at work and then restore it when you get home. opposite when you leave home to go to work.

The flash-drive sounds good. So, what do I have to do?
1. I connect the stick (by the way, what is the recommendation here - 2GB, 4GB is good enough?)
2. I start both PT4 and PS the same way I do normally.
3. Now what? How can I save the HH on stick? I create a directory here and ask PT to send the HH there or at the end of the each session I browse PT program files and move the HH from machine to stick and then go to the other machine and transfer the data?
Liahim

Postby tarix » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:53 am

Liahim wrote:
The flash-drive sounds good. So, what do I have to do?

I would consider a more modern solution:

1. Setup a cloud drive (Dropbox, Google Drive, Sky Drive) at work and home.
2. Configure your Processed folder in PT4 to be a subdirectory of your cloud drive.
3. When you switch computers use manual import (Get Hands from Disk) to import the hands played on the other computer.

(Note: This is my own personal solution and does not reflect our official company position.)
tarix
Developer

Postby BillGatesIII » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:55 am

Parket wrote:That's not a PT4 problem but PS. Stars's Android app is currently not saving hands, so there is no way to get them into PT4.
The only way to do it is to request them by mail, but the problem there is that you can only get your last 100 hands.

If you email support@pokerstars.eu and ask for your played hands of july 2012 or whatever time period, they will send them within a few hours. Just import them all and PT will skip the duplicates.
BillGatesIII

Postby polk3 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:30 am

tarix wrote:I would consider a more modern solution:

2. Configure your Processed folder in PT4 to be a subdirectory of your cloud drive.
3. When you switch computers use manual import (Get Hands from Disk) to import the hands played on the other computer.

(Note: This is my own personal solution and does not reflect our official company position.)

Nice and simple! :)

On a related note, has anyone tried running PT4 through a VPN and mobile internet? (say laptop connecting to home server) Any reason to think network would become a bottleneck in that setup? (let's say downlink 4 MBit and uplink 0.4 MBit)

BTW, have played a bit on mobile, requesting HH's from stars and importing into PT4. Works nicely and Stars are pretty quick when requesting HH's. The app saving the HH's on the phone would be better, but current setup still works fine.
polk3

Postby Liahim » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:42 am

BillGatesIII wrote:If you email support@pokerstars.eu and ask for your played hands of july 2012 or whatever time period, they will send them within a few hours. Just import them all and PT will skip the duplicates.

Just sent the request to PS. Thanks for the tip and I hope they will be receptive and answer to our requests at least once a week.

tarix wrote:I would consider a more modern solution:

This is also a great idea and I think it will be more suitable for my needs. Though, I will still need some help here. I opened a Dropbox account, created a folder - PT4 - but how can I add the HH here? At the end of each session I will have to go to Program Files > Poker Tracker 4 > PokerTracker4 and PokerTrackerHud4 and add them to Dropbox? Is this correct?
Liahim

Postby Parket » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:30 am

Just go to Configure -> SItes & Import Options -> Preferences. There you can select the folder where processed HH are written to. Change that to a Dropbox folder.
Alternatively, you could also point your PokerStars client to save it's HH in a Dropbox folder. That config is under Options -> Hand History Options...
Parket

Postby Liahim » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:23 am

Parket wrote:Just go to Configure -> SItes & Import Options -> Preferences. There you can select the folder where processed HH are written to. Change that to a Dropbox folder.
Alternatively, you could also point your PokerStars client to save it's HH in a Dropbox folder. That config is under Options -> Hand History Options...

Guys, this Dropbox method works like a charm. For my working computer I already changed the destination folder for HH from PS folder to the new folder created into Dropbox. Now I wait to go home and operate the same changes there. If all OK I will be back with the confirmation.

Of course :lol: I also have a problem: looks like the hands are imported on PT4 database, but the folder from Dropbox (where I redirected the HH) remains empty. I mean no file (like a notepad or something) is present there. But as I said, the database receive the updates. Any idea why?
Liahim

Postby tarix » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:51 am

Liahim wrote:Guys, this Dropbox method works like a charm. For my working computer I already changed the destination folder for HH from PS folder to the new folder created into Dropbox. Now I wait to go home and operate the same changes there. If all OK I will be back with the confirmation.

Of course :lol: I also have a problem: looks like the hands are imported on PT4 database, but the folder from Dropbox (where I redirected the HH) remains empty. I mean no file (like a notepad or something) is present there. But as I said, the database receive the updates. Any idea why?

This setup will not work. You need to configure your processed folder to be in your Dropbox, not the Stars HH folder. Otherwise as soon as you stop PT4 it will clear out your Dropbox folder which is the opposite of what you want.

1. Change your Stars folder back to the default and NOT in your Dropbox.
2. Change your PT4 processed folder to your Dropbox

This way when you are done playing and stop PT4 import it will copy all of your files into your Dropbox.
tarix
Developer

PreviousNext

Return to PokerTracker 4