Autonote not visible via "Edit Player Note"

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Autonote not visible via "Edit Player Note"

Postby pasita » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:40 am

If I create a report and click "Edit Player Note", I get the notes box but autonotes are not shown there. When I open the same player's notes from HUD the autonotes are now visible.
pasita

Re: Autonote not visible via "Edit Player Note"

Postby kraada » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:58 am

That's because autonotes are tied to a game type - that way you don't see omaha notes when playing holdem and vice versa, you don't see fixed limit notes when playing no limit, etc.

When looking via the Edit Player Note window, there's no known gametype, so we don't display anything.
kraada

Postby pasita » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:54 pm

I would have thought the logical thing to do is display everything (maybe based on filters on the report page?), although I can see the logic going the other way also. At least, it would be more useful to display everything instead of nothing in this case imo. Or display a message saying "nothing is displayed" as it's a bit confusing the way it is now...
pasita

Postby kraada » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:50 pm

I understand, it's a valid point. I'll talk it over with the NoteTracker developer to see if we can find a better solution.
kraada

Postby pasita » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:32 am

This thing came back to me as the same thing was discussed on the 2+2 thread lately.
I'm not sure I see why the note tracker developer has anything to do with this as the note is already accessible in the db... isn't it about what you query when creating the Note box?
pasita

Postby kraada » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:20 pm

The Autonotes are only displayed when matched to a specific game type - when you open the window from a non-replayer area there is no game type and as such we'll need to develop some method for handling that scenario.
kraada

Postby pasita » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:39 pm

Yeah I understand that part... but you can easily query for all the game types if no game type is present. I understand you may need to sit back for a minute to decide how to display the data.
pasita

Postby tarix » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:45 pm

pasita wrote:you can easily query for all the game types if no game type is present.

The auto notes were not designed to allow this. This is one of many design changes that are on our list of improvements for NoteTracker.
tarix
Developer

Postby pasita » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:57 pm

"select note from notes_auto"
works for me, brings notes from several game types.
pasita

Postby pasita » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:00 pm

While at it: id_hands in the notes_auto table seems to carry only one hand id atm.
pasita

Next

Return to PokerTracker 4