Facing a Cold 4bet?

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Facing a Cold 4bet?

Postby wangtangkiki » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:27 pm

How do I filter hands where I am facing a cold 4bet? Specifically when I have KK. (I just need to know the Facing a Cold 4bet filter thingy)
wangtangkiki

Re: Facing a Cold 4bet?

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:20 am

There is a filter for cold call opportunities in the Actions and Opportunities > Preflop section of the More Filters window.
WhiteRider

Postby wangtangkiki » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:46 pm

WhiteRider wrote:There is a filter for cold call opportunities in the Actions and Opportunities > Preflop section of the More Filters window.

I mean when UTG raises, I'm in MP and 3bet.. then the BTN 4bets (cold 4bet since he had no money in before making the play)
I want to see hands where I was facing a cold 4bet..

I've seen cold call a 4bet but that's for when I call after someone opens, a 3bet, then I call after someone 4bets.

Weird.. Why is it called Call 4bet Cold? That's confusing.. because that makes me think I have no money invested in the pot and I'm calling a 4bet.
wangtangkiki

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:41 am

Ah, I see what you mean - you want to filter for hands where you faced a "cold 4bet" by someone else, not when you "faced a 4bet cold"?
So you want to filter for hands where you made a 3bet and another player 4bet behind you having not previously entered the pot? I'm not sure how we'd construct that - I'll think about it, but kraada has done more work with the new filter system than I have so he may have a better idea.
WhiteRider

Postby kraada » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:09 pm

I can't think of a way to do this perfectly in one filter, but you can get there by pieces.

I'd start by adding the following filters:

NOT (Actions and Opportunities -> Preflop -> Preflop Calls -> Any Limp)
and
Actions and Opportunities -> Preflop -> Raises -> Any 3Bet
and
Actions and Opportunities -> Preflop -> Opportunities -> Reraise Opportunity - 4Bet+

Once we have that we know that we didn't limp and we made the 3bet so someone in front of us opened. The next step is to use the Hand Details -> Player Position filters to filter for a 4Bettor position that is behind us.

For example adding:

Hand Details -> Player Position -> Position of Active Player is exactly 0
and
Hand Details -> Player Position -> Position of 4Bettor is greater than 8
(between 8 and 9 would also work)

Now we made a 3bet on the button and the 4bet came from a blind - thus it was cold.

If we wanted to do our position is exactly 1 it's actually better to use
NOT (position of 4bettor is between 1 and 7) though as that gets the button (0) and blinds (8 and 9).

So you'll need to go position by position for yourself around the table using this method, but given that your 3betting range is going to be different for each position you're 3betting anyway that may not be a terrible thing to need to do, even if it is a little bit tedious.
kraada

Postby friidayy » Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:27 am

I'm looking for the same report. Is the solution by kraada still up to date?
friidayy

Postby friidayy » Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:04 am

Edit: I uploaded kraada's solution (Facing a Cold4bet) to the Download Customizations - Quick Filters section: https://www.pokertracker.com/custom/quick-filters
friidayy

Postby friidayy » Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:56 am

For some reason my report doenst show up in the quick filters section. The upload was fine tho.
friidayy

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:43 am

The upload is currently pending approval and when it has been approved it will be made available for download.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4