Database Update Never Ends

Posted:
Mon Aug 31, 2026 8:37 pm
by kerryvonerich
I downloaded the newest update and when I click "yes" to update database and "skip" for backup (because i already did a backup before installing), the update just goes on and on. I let it run for 5 hours today. My database isn't that big. My backup zip file is 192MB. Does the error message in the screenshot have anything to do with anything?
Re: Database Update Never Ends

Posted:
Tue Sep 01, 2026 8:12 am
by Flag_Hippo
That error message is there because the database hasn't been updated. If you create a new database that should allow you to start using PokerTracker 4 again:
Guide: Creating A New Database in PokerTracker 4Your existing database should only take a few minutes to update so if it is not updating please upload your backup to Google Drive, Dropbox or similar and send us the download link privately via a
Support Ticket so we can test it.