New update problem

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

New update problem

Postby danielmoura » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:52 am

Hello! While doing the last update, I have an error updating the database.
Attached a print to it.
I tried to ignore it but HUD wont show on tables now.
Thanks for the help.
Attachments
pr4problem.PNG
danielmoura

Re: New update problem

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:10 am

As far as I'm aware "some_time" is not part of the PT4 database structure. Is it possible that you made external changes to your database, maybe as part of a third party Hud install or something like that?

If so, then you may be able to re-apply the recommended changes to get it working again. However, external changes to the database are not something that we recommend or support so if that is the case then you would need to contact the supplier for further directions.

In the meantime, if you made the recommended Backup before running the database update then you could temporarily revert to v4.17.13 and restore your Backup. However, this change is very unlikely to be reverted so the problem will remain for future updates too, so it would be better to try to resolve it now.
Alternatively, you could create a new database and re-import your hand histories.

If you did not make any external changes to your database please upload your Backup file to cloud storage (e.g. Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc) and share the link via a Support Ticket so that we can investigate for you.
WhiteRider

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:54 am

I should also add that if you had logging enabled when the database update ran please send us the log file from that run via a Support Ticket.

That will be in %LOCALAPPDATA%\PokerTracker 4\Logs\Archive.
The file we will need to see will be the one with the date/time after the run in question.
Thanks.
WhiteRider

Postby rnieko » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:57 am

I am getting the same error. I didn't make any external changes or anything. When trying to create a new DB I get the same message too.
rnieko

Postby rnieko » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:33 am

Update: I have a newer major PostgreSQL 13 version running too. Changed the port to its 5433 when creating the new DB and everything works fine now. Problem solved for me as I don't need to regain the old DB.
rnieko

Postby kampy » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:01 am

Hello.
I have exactly the same problem and the same error window.
Is there already a solution to the problem?
it must be due to the last update.
After a backwards update to v4.17.13 everything works again.
kampy

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:32 am

We have investigated the problem and found that it only happens for users that are using very old PostgreSQL versions such as v8.4 which reached its end-of-life in 2014. To fix the issue you will need to install and use PostgreSQL version v12.18 and then restore your database(s) - see this guide:

https://www.pokertracker.com/guides/PT4 ... postgresql

When the newer PostgreSQL version is installed then the database update should complete.
WhiteRider

Return to PokerTracker 4