Manual Range Confusion

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Manual Range Confusion

Postby kippesoep » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:42 am

Why does a manual Omaha Hi range of (K**)K match with any hand that has one king and 3 cards in the grouped suit (even without king)? So for instance a hand like KsJd9d3d matches, which I wouldn't expect.
kippesoep

Re: Manual Range Confusion

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:14 am

Using a format of (K)(K**) should work for that.
Flag_Hippo

Postby kippesoep » Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:49 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:Using a format of (K)(K**) should work for that.

Yes, that indeed works, but why doesn't (K**)K work? I wouldn't like to guess whether something is included in my filter or not...

Other patterns also don't follow my expectations. For instance (AJ**) is apparently a range of 0.00%.

(A**)* would seem to need to be the same as (A**)(*) + (A***), but 14.026% is not equal to 11.702% + 0.731%

So, I'm misunderstanding something and wonder what it is or perhaps there's a bug?
kippesoep

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:43 am

kippesoep wrote:Yes, that indeed works, but why doesn't (K**)K work?

Unfortunately I don't know the specifics of why that format doesn't work.
kippesoep wrote:Other patterns also don't follow my expectations. For instance (AJ**) is apparently a range of 0.00%.

It looks like since this range is so small it's being calculated as zero but a combination of two filters will work:

aj.png
aj.png (3.89 KiB) Viewed 107 times

kippesoep wrote:(A**)* would seem to need to be the same as (A**)(*) + (A***), but 14.026% is not equal to 11.702% + 0.731%

As per your original post with (K**)K then using a similar format of(A**)* isn't going to work properly so that's not going to add up with the ranges of (A**)(*) + (A***).
Flag_Hippo

Return to PokerTracker 4